No announcement yet.

Anyone have vehicle based nova powers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have vehicle based nova powers?

I was talking with my storyteller about making a vehicle based nova. I was aiming to have him able to drive any vehicle he can get his hands on, locate vehicles nearby, identify strange vehicles and their capabilities, be an almost precognitive combat driver and pilot, jury rig a vehicle out of spare parts, fix any vehicle, and even get a vehicle to work when it shouldn't for a short time. That's not everything, but it's just a basic idea of the kinds of options I want the character to be able to pick from. We agreed that Cyberkinesis would be the best base for this power, just that the character isn't a computer expert but primarily focused on being a mechanic/driver.

Beyond Cyberkinesis, or even including it, has anyone come up with any vehicle-related nova powers or other things for Aberrant?

Originally posted by Mrtwist View Post
    I was talking with my storyteller about making a vehicle based nova. I was aiming to have him able to drive any vehicle he can get his hands on, locate vehicles nearby, identify strange vehicles and their capabilities, be an almost precognitive combat driver and pilot, jury rig a vehicle out of spare parts, fix any vehicle, and even get a vehicle to work when it shouldn't for a short time. That's not everything, but it's just a basic idea of the kinds of options I want the character to be able to pick from. We agreed that Cyberkinesis would be the best base for this power, just that the character isn't a computer expert but primarily focused on being a mechanic/driver.

Beyond Cyberkinesis, or even including it, has anyone come up with any vehicle-related nova powers or other things for Aberrant?
    Basing a vehicle-control power off of Elemental Anima or Mastery could be a way to go.

The Anima version would only manipulate pre-existing vehicles, causing them to wrap around you and serve as armor, and using a Movement option to boost their speed. A Mastery version would create the vehicle, and not require a pre-existing vehicle (perhaps assembling the vehicle out of surrounding material, disassembling mailboxes and cellphones and whatnot nearby to form a frame around you that your powers would then animate).

Powers from whatever power it is that includes molecular control / animation (near Matter Chameleon in the book, IIRC, which I don't have at hand) could also be used to tweak such a combat. Limiting the animation power to only affect vehicles, for instance, would be one option, along with a 'fix it' power that acts like Healing, but only on vehicles.

Comment

I played a guy with Elemental Anima: Vehicles way back in the day..

I don't remember everything, but I do recall that I could take control of any vehicle I was in or at least touching, enhance their armor, make them drive at speeds comparable to other speedsters, repair with a touch, and generally make the vehicles fancier(? I remember giving a city bus hydraulics and a 100db speaker system).

His Anima Banner also made any vehicle he used his powers on appear as neon Hot-Wheels ultra-stylized versions of themselves.

There was another guy who was playing the tech genius of the group and someone else was playing a "clairvoyant" so I never felt the need to explore the more thinky side of the Vehiclemancer. HiJack was the group's speedster/wheelman and I like to think he was a fun and unique take on the concept.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. I never considered Elemental Anima, but I guess it could work. I'm going for a superhuman pilot and mechanic able to fix, build, and drive just about anything better than any normal human could ever hope. Cyberkinesis didn't quite fit what I was going for, so the ideas are definitely going to help.

Comment

Working...
        X