Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was promised flying cars! Where are my flying cars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was promised flying cars! Where are my flying cars?

So in Trinity 1e there were multiple art depictions of flying cars, and now some of the new Aeon art also has flying cars. However, I've never actually seen something I would consider a flying car statted in either 1e or the new edition previews. I like the idea of a sci-fi setting with both ground and flying cars. So, how should they work in the current edition? I see a couple options:

1) Build a normal car and add the tags for a second mode of transportation. There still wouldn't be any default flying cars, but the flexibility of the system would allow for them.
    2) Assume that skimmers have some limited flight ability. That doesn't jive with the description in the book, but it could work.
    3) Assume that the "flying" cars in the art are actually skimmers, skimming on some sort of magnetic field (this would require some in world fluff, but would also allow for controlled "sky ways").
    4) ...some other idea...

So how are/do you all handle this, and/or which answer would you prefer the offical answer to be?

I used flying Cars in my Trinity 1e Story. I would prefer to have them in the new edition too.

Comment

I have a good feeling about the AEon AExpansion...

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it.
      WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams | CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon, Mummy: The Curse 2nd ed | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

You heard it here first folks: AEon AExpandsion erratas the entire line into a flying cars version of Steve Jackson's Carwars!

Seriously though, I'm glad to hear it. Looking forward to the book.

Comment

I always liked how Batman Beyond portrayed flying cars as the purview of emergency services and military (and Batman), with of course the occasional criminal having a black market get away vehicle.

I do like the idea of magnetic field generated roads with skimmers, rather than free range self propelled rockets in the possession of common citizens, but that creates the nightmare scenario of the road's generators going out at rush hour.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
            I always liked how Batman Beyond portrayed flying cars as the purview of emergency services and military (and Batman), with of course the occasional criminal having a black market get away vehicle.

I do like the idea of magnetic field generated roads with skimmers, rather than free range self propelled rockets in the possession of common citizens, but that creates the nightmare scenario of the road's generators going out at rush hour.
            Why would the road not be connected to a greater power grid and have generators as simply a backup to avoid such a nightmare scenario?
            Also, solar energy collectors following the road's path could be good to cover that, i think.

Comment

Working...
            X