On Warp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Warp

So, I have a question with regards to the Warp power. The errata in the Player's Guide says that pressure and conditions don't equalize across the warp, so I can't use it to fire a jet of superheated plasma by opening next to the sun. Does momentum carry over through a Warp? So, say, could I do Portal-esque shenanigans where I put a portal on the wall of a building directly below me and one the ground, jump into the latter and shoot out of the former onto the next roof over? Or could I, for instance, open a portal next to someone and shoot them through it with a gun or a Quantum Blast?

Momentum should carry over and I think you could do both things you are talking about. That being said don't try to use it to generate terminal velocity on an opponent and do a one shot kill. Also remember its not such a great attack as they get a free dodge to avoid it. If you have quantum bolt you are probably just better off blasting your foe and cheaper to use quantum wise. Also its notable to mention that using Warp as an attack it has a much shorter distance it can go.

Also Aberrant is notable for its game world and not its ability to mimic superpowers or rules philosophies. That being said its your table and I'm not telling you how to play.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewm9 View Post
      Momentum should carry over and I think you could do both things you are talking about. That being said don't try to use it to generate terminal velocity on an opponent and do a one shot kill. Also remember its not such a great attack as they get a free dodge to avoid it. If you have quantum bolt you are probably just better off blasting your foe and cheaper to use quantum wise. Also its notable to mention that using Warp as an attack it has a much shorter distance it can go.

Also Aberrant is notable for its game world and not its ability to mimic superpowers or rules philosophies. That being said its your table and I'm not telling you how to play.
      I wasn't intending to use it to make a kinetic kill vehicle - the limit on how long you can keep a Warp open is a limit on that one. It's just that the character with Warp is the creative sort, and they're exactly the kind of person who would use it in innovative ways like the Portal thing for traversal or using it as a vantage point for a shot for the sake of getting at someone in cover.

Comment

Working...
      X