Post-Apocalyptic Inspired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-Apocalyptic Inspired

The Aberrant War was more devastating then any one had predicted or feared. No nations survived it intact and all continents became home to sights of untold devastation. Even most advanced technologies had stopped working, mostly due to nova attacks but also mundane counteraction.

But humanity survived.

In large part this was because when things were at its worst people came forward and said let me help. These people weren't inhumans like Novas but rather people who when matters got toughest reached deep into themselves for the inspiration to continue on. They couldn't breath fire or control mighty energies but that was okay as the world had seen enough of that.

The story is about survival, about rebuilding, about hope and unity and the sacrifice of the self for the community.

The player characters are Talents, though I could see other inspired types coming around.

The experience is very much local at the start, especially as world wide transportation got destroyed in the wars.

Enemies are mostly corruption created aberrations and monstrosities, though sometimes other humans can cause problems.

To the things in I would say Aeon Society survived and serve as the major power for good in the campaign location. Maybe as the glue which holds the fragile network of small communities together in what is a pretty hostile and corrupted world.

I can suggest a few novels for inspiration; "Hiero's Journey" and The Unforsaken Hiero" by Sterling E. Lanier; The Westria series by Diana L. Paxson: starting with "Lady of Light"; The Change series by S. M. Stirling: starting with "Dies the Fire"; and the Kate Daniels novels by Ilona Andrews beginning with "Magic Bites".

If your Post-Apocalyptic setting is going to be on another planet than Earth I recommend "Darkover Landfall" by Marion Zimmer Bradley and "Dark Piper" by Andre Norton.

Comment

I would like to have mutated Megafauna, both unintentional Corrupted Aberrant and subAberrant Animals, and Quantum tech Engineered Living Biological weapons released as a big screw you to the world. Maybe they were Coraled into the Coasts, the far North and the Deserts of the South.

Talents as the glue of the Community and super technology not powered by Quantum or Psi, and probably not too super at first but you get there when necessity hits and you have Tony Starks, and Amadeus Cho’s popping up!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Don't forget Andre Norton's Daybreak 2250. The lead character is a mesmerist ala Adventure!. Stalwarts could be in the mix too.

Comment

If you want to go deep on post apokaliptical with aberrant fauna and some nova tech went wrong, Gamma World is great! It’s frivulous as it throws science by the window in the moment you pick the book, but if you put novas in the game it make some sense...

Comment

Working...
          X