Anyone have questions for Ian Watson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have questions for Ian Watson?

Hi, folks! We'll (Eddy Webb and myself) be interviewing Ian on our brand-new podcast (Onyx Pathcast) in a couple of days, so if anyone has any questions you'd like us to ask him, or things you'd like to hear him talk about, let me know in this thread. Thanks!

In-House Developer for Chronicles of Darkness and Exalted

The original Aberrant reflected the hopes and anxieties of the ascendant post-Cold War neoliberal international Order. Today that same world order is crumbling with the rise of neonationalism. How do you see that playing out for groups like Project Utopia to keep second edition as thematically topical and relevant as first edition?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

How much will they discuss Novas in different eras, and how viable will Nova Cross overs be?

What one comic book best represents his vision of Aberrant?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I guess I'm curious on how much of modern current history is going to be involved in the book.

My other thing is basically Divis Mal.

Comment

The most important question: Is Duke Rollo making a comeback?

Comment

Will there be some more antagonists/villain factions for Trinity core? There were many interesting allegiances (perhaps too many!) but I would have preferred some more opposition factions and antagonists.

Comment

I would really like to hear about the design philosophy that is going into Aberrant. A lot of what made the original version so memorable (to me) was a more realistic take on “people with powers”, both from a social standpoint and from a “what happens when someone with no defense is punched by the Hulk” standpoint.

Comment

The media in Aberrant 1st ED was a presence in and of itself, complete with it's own dedicated nova staff (ex. Gaal & Najarian), will that lead to it being it's own faction in 2nd ED?

Comment

Will there be more focus on Novas not covered as much in the previous edition, like Kubermetes or Harmony or Swarm Queen or Feathered Serpent? Similarly, will previously mentioned, but undeveloped Nova teams like India's Column Shiva and China's Exploding Heavenly Mandate get at least the sort of two-page coverage that Nippontai and Nordlysene received?

Antaeus is thought to be among the five toughest Novas. Who do you consider to be the other four? Mal, Pax, Scripture and Sophia Rousseau, perhaps?

Diversity is more of a thing than it was, back in the waning days of the last century, when we last visited this world. Will there be more prominent Novas of color? Both Team Tomorrow and the 'Pantheon' of the Teragen are pretty white (or, at least, lacking in prominent black or Asian characters, save Bounty and Lightning, that I can think of).

What's up with Anthony 'Lightning' Chang, anyway? Does he regularly *radically* change his look (such as between the looks on Project Utopia p. 58 and p. 60), or was there some sort of artist miscommunication? I like the idea of him occasionally just mixing it up and radically changing his look, personally.

Comment

How in this new edition of Aberrant space travel has changed, and if is still planned a supplement detailing cybertech to equalize novas to baselines. Also there will be an equipment section in the core book to outfit a nova without obvious powers?
                    Last edited by Starkiller; 04-25-2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

There are a bunch of small, fiddly differences between Trinity core and Scion core eg Paths have ratings in Trinity but not Scion, tags are different. I would find it tricky to remember all the variants if I were running both games at on ce. And what if we wanted a campaign that mixed systems? Psions in Scion? Are there any plans to tighten up base systems between the cores while both are in editing?

Comment

There's been talk from writers and developers about the significance of the "multiverse" in the Trinity Continuum. Is exploration of parallel timelines in addition to different historic eras something you see in the cards for the line?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Also, will you make any Trinity psi-order icons available as avatars or as logos for bling on the Red Bubble store?

Comment

Originally posted by Khelbiros View Post
                            Also, will you make any Trinity psi-order icons available as avatars or as logos for bling on the Red Bubble store?
                            Podcast is already recorded, so Dixie has no more need of questions right now.

Merch is more of a Mike question than an Ian question. Mike decides what we're doing, creates the necessary files, sends me the files, and I upload them to the store.

Avatars? Probably. But again, I'd need access to the image files, and that tends not to happen until later in production.

Ian A. A. Watson
                            Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

Podcast is up: http://theonyxpath.com/episode-four-yes-instead-of-no/

Ian A. A. Watson
                              Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

Working...
                              X