Questions on momentum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on momentum

1. Can characters have individual momentum, or is it only in the shared black pool?
    2. Does the black pool start with any momentum?
    3. The red pool is mentioned a couple times in the CORE manuscript, but never defined. Is it the momentum pool for SG characters?
    3a. If so, does the SG just assign an amount to the red pool based on discretion?

1. Only the shared pool. It’s meant to be used as an agreed-upon resource.
    2. Not that I can recall. Since a lot of Skill tricks rely on it, you could start with half the number of players in the pool if you wanted.
    3. Artifact from a previous iteration of developing the rules. Ignore.
    3a. See above.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it.
    WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams | CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon, Mummy: The Curse 2nd ed | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

For some reason I have it in my head that the Black Pool was supposed to start with a value equal to the number of players. But, I've looked back trough the book and I can't find that anywhere. I'm not sure where I got the idea, but it works pretty well in my home game.

Comment

Originally posted by Slagheap View Post
        For some reason I have it in my head that the Black Pool was supposed to start with a value equal to the number of players. But, I've looked back trough the book and I can't find that anywhere. I'm not sure where I got the idea, but it works pretty well in my home game.
        Possibly from a preview of one of the earlier iterations of the system.

Christopher Shaffer, freelancer.
        WoD: W20 Rage Across the World, W20 Umbra
        CofD: Night Horrors: The Unbidden, Night Horrors: The Tormented, "Legacy" in the WtF Anthology
        Trinity Continuum: Aeon

Comment

That probably is where I got the idea. Either way, I like running my games that way, so I'm going to keep the house rule. (I also have a house rule that allows starting characters to begin with skill tricks)

Comment

Working...
          X