Dystopia Psionics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dystopia Psionics

Pardon me for putting this here but u don't see an actual forum for it and it does make use of the Storypath System.

So my question is what sort of psionic powers does that game have.

I was also wondering on the ease of combining the two systems if I happen to really like there psionics.

I figure that few might know the answer to my questions but the email just went out and so I'm interested.

Thanks

I think Eddy mentioned in a Pathcast that DR psionics are different mechanically from Trinity psionics. Not sure if that makes them systemically incompatible.

Comment

Yes, DRE's implementation of psionics is different from Aeon's noetics. The two games have different needs and goals, and different expected power levels.

If you're a DRE backer, you'll see details in the coming weeks. The first part of the manuscript is available for preview, and you'll see the rest revealed as the Kickstarter progresses.

Ian A. A. Watson
      Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

Does this mean they aren't compatible at all, or that they just...shouldn't be "doctored" to be in the same game?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_392_1519878565794_106[/ATTACH]

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys.

The thing is while I like trinity psionics it's not how I would organize such things outside of trinity.

Hence my question about the different psychic ability for a game that uses a similar set of rules.

Comment

Random mutant powers in a post-apocalyptic setting should logically weaker than the products of a starfaring society's noetics. Comparing the setting to WoD games for a moment. Dystopian Psionics should be like the few random Garou gifts their kinfolk know. Aeon Psionic should be like Thaumuthurgy.

Comment

So has Chapter Nine psychic abilities been posted yet. I'm not a backer and I was wondering, without obviously breaking the rules, what the psychic rules are like.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                So has Chapter Nine psychic abilities been posted yet. I'm not a backer and I was wondering, without obviously breaking the rules, what the psychic rules are like.

The schedule posted in a KS update says tomorrow. Then you can pledge, read it, and unpledge, if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post

Chapter 9 is posted.

Comment

It seems to me that the Messerist gifts in Adventure! could be a good model for Dystopian Psionics. Just raise the cost a little.

Comment

Working...
                    X