X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LordHeru
    started a topic Dystopia Psionics

Dystopia Psionics

Pardon me for putting this here but u don't see an actual forum for it and it does make use of the Storypath System.

So my question is what sort of psionic powers does that game have.

I was also wondering on the ease of combining the two systems if I happen to really like there psionics.

I figure that few might know the answer to my questions but the email just went out and so I'm interested.

Thanks

• LordHeru
    replied
    So any information on this as I wouk d not subscribe to something if I knew I could buy it I'm not asking for direct quotes but we are allowed to share concepts.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    It seems to me that the Messerist gifts in Adventure! could be a good model for Dystopian Psionics. Just raise the cost a little.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
    So has Chapter Nine psychic abilities been posted yet. I'm not a backer and I was wondering, without obviously breaking the rules, what the psychic rules are like.

Chapter 9 is posted.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
    So has Chapter Nine psychic abilities been posted yet. I'm not a backer and I was wondering, without obviously breaking the rules, what the psychic rules are like.

The schedule posted in a KS update says tomorrow. Then you can pledge, read it, and unpledge, if you want.

Leave a comment:

• LordHeru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    Random mutant powers in a post-apocalyptic setting should logically weaker than the products of a starfaring society's noetics. Comparing the setting to WoD games for a moment. Dystopian Psionics should be like the few random Garou gifts their kinfolk know. Aeon Psionic should be like Thaumuthurgy.

Leave a comment:

• LordHeru
    replied
    Thanks for the comments guys.

The thing is while I like trinity psionics it's not how I would organize such things outside of trinity.

Hence my question about the different psychic ability for a game that uses a similar set of rules.

Leave a comment:

• ManBearPig
    replied
    Does this mean they aren't compatible at all, or that they just...shouldn't be "doctored" to be in the same game?

Leave a comment:

• IanWatson
    replied
    Yes, DRE's implementation of psionics is different from Aeon's noetics. The two games have different needs and goals, and different expected power levels.

If you're a DRE backer, you'll see details in the coming weeks. The first part of the manuscript is available for preview, and you'll see the rest revealed as the Kickstarter progresses.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    I think Eddy mentioned in a Pathcast that DR psionics are different mechanically from Trinity psionics. Not sure if that makes them systemically incompatible.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X