the Fate of Humanity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Fate of Humanity

Thank you. Finally a metaplot laid out so the ST can actually plan around and for it without waiting years to do so. Genius and yet so simple. Also a huge weight removed from my shoulders. Yes, I'm the gm, it's MY game, I can add or remove or tailor whatever it is I like. Sure I can, I can use these rules to play psionic Star Trekkers if I want. What I really want though is to see what YOU have in mind for this particular setting without waiting for some obscure title that comes out after the game has officially ceased publication....

Seriously guys, thanks on this one. Now when I run that Aberrant game I know what to expect(sort of) if the players avert the Aberrant War. Something simple like this allows me to keep the game in tune with the setting while also taking it way off the rails into my own unique territory. Who's that knocking at my door? The Doyen? Suddenly it all makes sense. In fact it really is best if the war occur, Mercer was right on that. At least now I know I should consider letting my players in on that particular twist or not. See? You've given an old ST choice. Well done lads, well done.

Stuff like this should be done with Vampire and Scion. Just sayin'.

Originally posted by Shadows and Dust View Post

Stuff like this should be done with Vampire and Scion. Just sayin'.
    Scion doesn’t have a metaplot to my knowledge. Beyond further developing the setting “present with more power tiers, Pantheons, etc - plans that have been discussed involve alternate settings rather than a revealed setting plot-arc.

As far as I’m aware anyway.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Just so I can find it to see it for myself, where is the Aeon/Trinity Continuum metaplot found?

Complete Garou Gifts List, Fera Gifts List, Garou Totems List and other assorted OPP/White Wolf goodies

Comment

Originally posted by Su-tehp View Post
        Just so I can find it to see it for myself, where is the Aeon/Trinity Continuum metaplot found?

While I don't think we're going to see a firm progression of metaplot over the course of the game line (though I could very well be wrong), the "what happens in the future if player characters don't interfere" stuff is in the "Setting Secrets" chapter of the Æon core.

Christopher Shaffer, freelancer.
        WoD: W20 Rage Across the World, W20 Umbra
        CofD: Night Horrors: The Unbidden, Night Horrors: The Tormented, "Legacy" in the WtF Anthology
        Trinity Continuum: Aeon

Comment

Yeah, a "metaplot" is technically a thing where the status quo changes over the course of the books. Fr'ex, in Vampire Revised, the Gangrel were members of the Camarilla. A few books later, in Guide to the Camarilla, the Gangrel had left. That's metaplot. The six Orpheus books were very heavy on metaplot: that was the whole point.

The overall narrative from Trinity 1e was metaplot and served as inspiration for the Setting Secrets chapter, but the Setting Secrets chapter is not, itself, metaplot. We're not planning on any metaplot at all with this edition, at least not within any individual era. They're just plot. Or more accurately plot seeds, for you to take and do what you like.

Ian A. A. Watson
          Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

That is one way people refer to metaplot, but a lot of people, especially fans, also consider the over arching plot, or narrative of a game line/universe as metaplot. So for instance Adventure transitioning into Abberant transitioning into Aeon is considered this type of Metaplot.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
              That is one way people refer to metaplot, but a lot of people, especially fans, also consider the over arching plot, or narrative of a game line/universe as metaplot. So for instance Adventure transitioning into Abberant transitioning into Aeon is considered this type of Metaplot.
              Yeah, this is what I was referring to. I didn't know there was a distinction between "overarching plot" and "metaplot." (I'm still not comprehending the distinction, but I'll have to look up "metaplot" in the dictionary after dinner.) In any case, thank you for answering my question and referring me to the Setting Secrets chapter.

Complete Garou Gifts List, Fera Gifts List, Garou Totems List and other assorted OPP/White Wolf goodies

Comment

Honestly it’s how most people I see refer to metaplot. The official stance is metaplot is only when books advance the status quo of the gameline and start changing the setting, but that is just trying to control and redefine fan speech as an attempt to curb some people’s distaste for metaplot. But not everyone hated it. You should have seen discussions of metaplot for the New World of Darkness people were VERY serious about not referring to anything as metaplot and because of it most of the early books didn’t define the history of each gameline well.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
                X