X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity Continuum Æon Clarifications

In the Æon book:

p. 264: In the Vitakinetic power "Direction", it says:
    "The psion can also either temporarily increase or decrease the speed vitakinesis of biological processes, like breathing or healing by successes spent"
    Q: How do I measure this? doubling/halfing duration per success? Or is there a table where I can increase/decrease by steps?

General question:

In the core book, p. 65: Can the "Artifact" edge only be taken by Talent characters? What if my psion wants his own spaceship or so? Is there some kind of edge similar to the old 1e background "Device" which can take care of this? Would this edge cost be similar to that of the old background?

p. 53: "Most power has devolved to local regions in a grand experiment of autonomy."
    p. 54: "Unlike the voluntary social experiment of Germany [...]"
    Q: What is this experiment? It's not described anywhere in the book.

Comment

Page 216: The first sentence of the System text for Compartmentalize states that a certain effect occurs whenever the power is active. Does this mean that as long as the biokinetic has bioware that he is attuned to at the lower cost due to this power's effects, that secondary effect is also always occurring?

Comment

p.333 TC: Aeon (Under Sub-Aberrant) "...observers who dissect dead Aberrants find that most don’t possess the signature Mazarin-Rashoud structures..."

Q: What are these? Not defined in Trinity Continuum: Aeon or the Core rules. Internet searching tells me this is like the genetic component that allows an Aberrant to use Quantum??? Regardless its not defined anywhere in this iteration of the game.

Additionally a section describing the basics of Quantum and Noetics and how they relate (also how they relate to Flux) would be appreciated. Been trying to piece this together, especially after reading the Secrets Chapter of TC: Aeon but I really don't have a grasp of how they are related (opposed?) and it seems pretty core to understanding what's going on in this game.

Comment

TC: Aeon p.193 talks about Illness and Disease being modeled through conditions and talks about setting a Severity and Virulence for the disease. It also references the TC: Core Rules.

TC: Core Rules p.106-108 talks about Other Forms of Damage and appears to be what the TC: Aeon book above is referencing. However this section never talks about Severity or Virulence. In fact in never talks about setting the Severity (bruised, injured, maimed.)

Q: How are diseases and illness supposed to be handled. Like TC: Core rules or how TC: Aeon suggests? Should these be the same?

Note: TC: Aeon called for a Survival+Stamina (Skill+Attribute) role to resist a disease while TC: Core Rules calls for a Stamina+Resolve (two Attributes) roll.
          Last edited by Wraith; 12-23-2018, 11:41 PM.

Comment

TC: Aeon p.203 both Scrub and Trace call for Enigmas rolls, not Enigmas+Attribute.

Q: Should the roll only consist of Enigmas or should there be an attribute attached to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith View Post
              TC: Aeon p.193 talks about Illness and Disease being modeled through conditions and talks about setting a Severity and Virulence for the disease. It also references the TC: Core Rules.

TC: Core Rules p.106-108 talks about Other Forms of Damage and appears to be what the TC: Aeon book above is referencing.
              It’s not. TC: AEon is referencing pp. 104 (Injury Conditions) to 106 (Status Conditions). TC: Core ‘Other Forms of Damage’ doesn’t reference illness and disease, it talks about fire, radiation, and poison.

Illnesses are treated as per TC: AEon. The specifics of how illnesses work and progress aren’t very cinematic action drama so weren’t included there. Since one psi Aptitude specifically works against illness and disease, we included rules for how they work in AEon.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by graywulfe View Post
                Page 216: The first sentence of the System text for Compartmentalize states that a certain effect occurs whenever the power is active. Does this mean that as long as the biokinetic has bioware that he is attuned to at the lower cost due to this power's effects, that secondary effect is also always occurring?
                No. Incorporating formatted bioware is a separate effect of this power that doesn’t mean the rest of the power is active.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by shuragil View Post
                  p. 53: "Most power has devolved to local regions in a grand experiment of autonomy."
                  p. 54: "Unlike the voluntary social experiment of Germany [...]"
                  Q: What is this experiment? It's not described anywhere in the book.
                  Intricate details are likely too much to get into in this book, given its existing page count.
                  best source of information currently available would be the 1E book, Shattered Europe.

Comment

p.243 TC: Aeon under the Drain power... the final sentences of this power hint at the Doyen (or at least let a player reading the section know about them.) Is this intentional. Other information on them is relegated to the secrets chapter at the end of the book?

Comment

Do we know if Defense is supposed to be so different from Scion? In Scion it states that you only roll Defense the first time you are attacked, and that is your defense for the rest of the round. The attack resolution summary where that is stated in Trinity doesn't have that same stipulation.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
                        Do we know if Defense is supposed to be so different from Scion? In Scion it states that you only roll Defense the first time you are attacked, and that is your defense for the rest of the round. The attack resolution summary where that is stated in Trinity doesn't have that same stipulation.
                        I’ve added it to the Core errata for clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by shuragil View Post
                          In the Æon book:

p. 264: In the Vitakinetic power "Direction", it says:
                          "The psion can also either temporarily increase or decrease the speed vitakinesis of biological processes, like breathing or healing by successes spent"
                          Q: How do I measure this? doubling/halfing duration per success? Or is there a table where I can increase/decrease by steps?
                          I’ve added this to the errata thread as it clearly needs clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
                            Where in Scion Origin does it say you only roll defense for the first attack? Scion seems equally ambiguous to me.

Comment

Originally posted by werlynn View Post

Where in Scion Origin does it say you only roll defense for the first attack? Scion seems equally ambiguous to me.
                              p.115.

1 Declare your target (or targets) and choose your dice pool. The target(s) declare the Defense action they wish to take, and roll for a Defensive action if it’s their first time in the turn being attacked.

Comment

Working...
                              X