Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any new original settings planed for Trinity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MythicFox View Post

Well, for Scion, that would just be, like, a historical setting. The idea of historical Novas being mistaken for deities is probably a little more distinctive in a setting that doesn't already have actual, literal gods running around.
    Yes I get that and it seems like a fine idea. I hope they explore and present the whole gammut of ancient civilizations from Britain to China rather than just focus on the same old Rome and Greece.

Comment

And lets not forgett ancient India with stuff like the Mahabharata. This also should be a great source of Inspiration for a campain about Novas in the ancient world.
      By the way - I wonder, how far Aegis will wander into Erich-von-Däniken-territory. After all, Trinity isnt Scion. Did the Novas of old also come up with weird Super-Science? Was Talos a Cyborg? Were Vimanas Starships? Did some Aliens also pose as gods?

Comment

Originally posted by Aristarkos View Post
        Is there any information available right now on the Aegis setting? If so, could I have a link please?
        Aegis will apparently feature heroes, wizards, and gods — that is, Talents, Psiads, and Novas. Think if it more along the lines of Adventure or Aberrant in ancient Greece, depending on how potent the superhumans are.

Bear in mind, though, that prior to the Hammersmith Event that kicked off Adventure, empowerment events were always local and temporary, and rare. Aegis is unlikely to cover more than the territory of Greece, and is unlikely to last even as long as a century. Don't expect it to get into other ancient cultures.

Though honestly, I'd rather see Aegis be based around Atlantis instead of Greece, giving a clear ending point to the age — assuming, of course, that the heroes don't interfere and divert the impending disaster. This is the Continuum, after all; we're not forced into a single timeline. Though even if Atlantis is saved from utter destruction in a single night, it's still likely to succumb to the ravages of time as its gods and sorcerers fade away into the mists of prehistory.

Of course, there's also the possibility that its ending isn't what it seemed: what if the “sinking” of Atlantis was the detonation of a temporal bomb, and the island got shifted forward in time by a few millennia? Say, re-emerging sometime in the 23rd century…

Comment

Or maybe, it was not a temporal bomb, but a transdimensional one. So, Atlantis "reapears" everyone now and then, just to be drawn Back again into its own pocket Reality. This could work quite nicely, because "stumbling over Atlantis" could fit in almost any era of Trinity.
          Last edited by Waldi; 12-29-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Adventures in Atlantis gets a thousand points from me. I would love an Atlantis of talents, psions, and novas.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristarkos View Post

Yes I get that and it seems like a fine idea. I hope they explore and present the whole gammut of ancient civilizations from Britain to China rather than just focus on the same old Rome and Greece.

Personally I prefer the corebook stay focused on only Ancient Greece and Rome... make China and India and the rest of Europe be supplements. Trying to cover everything in the core book just leaves you with a shallow amount of information for play. Give me a setting I can use right out of the box, instead of 2 pages on every single nation-state of the ancient world.

Comment

Originally posted by ffanxii4ever View Post
                I too would love a post-Aeon space opera game. But we are years away from getting one announced, even if there are related ideas jotted down in Ian's notebook.

Argosy seems like a likely name for a space opera. I like the idea of a Time War that links all the settings and it could be called Agon (struggle). A game with Adventure! type inspired in the 1580-1720 period (Swashers mainly) could be called Anthor ( an Alchemist's furnace).
                Last edited by Astromancer; 01-03-2019, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Waldi View Post
                  And lets not forgett ancient India with stuff like the Mahabharata. This also should be a great source of Inspiration for a campain about Novas in the ancient world.
                  By the way - I wonder, how far Aegis will wander into Erich-von-Däniken-territory. After all, Trinity isnt Scion. Did the Novas of old also come up with weird Super-Science? Was Talos a Cyborg? Were Vimanas Starships? Did some Aliens also pose as gods?
                  SPOILERS!!!

I could totally see the Doyen take that approach. It's what they did with the Chromatics, after all

Comment

Hmm...

Attitude - 1970s
                    Avalon - Camelot
                    Argent - post-Trinity classic scifi
                    Atomics - post WW2 science horror adventure silliness

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

I'm on board for Avalon.

Comment

Hmm. Out in left field, AFRICA, where the only people to develop Nova powers are black. Probably too niche, but would be interesting if done intelligently.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

My short list for divergent timeline settings...

- War of the Worlds invasion actually happened in the 1890s, and the leftover tech results in the Psion age starting in the Edwardian Era!

- N-Day doesn’t happen, and Talents exist in a much harder sci-fi 2120s without Novas or Psions (so a possible future of contemporary Trinity Core having moved past N-Day)

- Max loses and Mal succeeded in using the Trinity-test to set off N-Day in 1945 leading to a Silver Age comicbooky 1960s

- a possible future of the above setting where Novas reign as god kings redesigning humanity and civilizations across the galaxy as they see fit

- China goes through with their threat at the end of the Aberrant War, and a post apocalyptic Mad Max/Fallout setting results

- Inspiration Age (Adventure!) never ends, and by the latter half of the 20th century democratic, communist, and fascist powers compete to spread through a pulp planetary romance solar system
                          Last edited by glamourweaver; Yesterday, 08:17 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I have long wanted a condensed timeline, with the Nova age starting in 1938 for a Golden Age comics/Godlike mash up in WW2, and the Psions starting in the 50s. I admit this is largely motivated by the idea of a 1962 where China is still Nationalist with telepathic ethics police to combat government corruption, the biggest cultural figure in the Middle East is Baha'i, and the most powerful person in North America is African American.

Comment

"- a possible future of the above setting where Novas reign as god kings redesigning humanity and civilizations across the galaxy as they see fit"

I would love a scifi Nova Age setting. Especially considering that novers are the ones that I love the most out of all the groups and so would like more of them. Especially a version where they don't fall.

Comment

A time war (my Agon idea) could link even wild alternative worlds into one system.

Comment

Working...
                                X