Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any new original settings planed for Trinity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    (Total Trinity noob) What is Hammersmith event, you mention all the time?

In 1922, Doctor Sir Calvin Hammersmith invited a number of people of his acquaintance -- mostly those who were wealthy or science-minded or both -- to a demonstration of his "telluric engine," which would draw energy from "Z-waves," the energy of the cosmos itself. It would therefore be a potential source of limitless energy.

The demonstration did not go as planned. The device exploded. Dr. Hammersmith died trying to shut it down. Those closest to the device -- in the "eye" of the explosion -- were imbued with a fantastic amount of Z-wave energy, what we now call Flux. Many of those attending the demonstration further away from the engine died outright.

Individuals demonstrating strange and amazing powers began to manifest around the world from that point -- what some called "daredevils" (Talents), "mesmerists" (psiads), and "stalwarts" (novas).

A year later, Maxwell Anderson Mercer and his friend Michael Donighal, who were both in the eye of the Hammersmith explosion, founded the Æon Society for Gentlemen. The Adventure! era begins.

Ian A. A. Watson
    Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

Individuals demonstrating strange and amazing powers began to manifest around the world from that point -- what some called "daredevils" (Talents), "mesmerists" (psiads), and "stalwarts" (novas).
      I was under the impression though that 2E is leaning more toward Talents always having been around. So in their case is it more that their numbers just spiked after Hammersmith, or am I wrong and the likes of Julie D’Aubigny, Bass Reeves, Ching Shih, etc weren’t Talents in the Continuum?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

I was under the impression though that 2E is leaning more toward Talents always having been around. So in their case is it more that their numbers just spiked after Hammersmith, or am I wrong and the likes of Julie D’Aubigny, Bass Reeves, Ching Shih, etc weren’t Talents in the Continuum?

That was also the case in 1e. We just made it more explicit in this edition.

Ian A. A. Watson
        Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

It could be A Faith inspired Hammersmith event tapping into the Divine either in India or the Holy Lands. Or hell Egypt!
          I was thinking some sort of Arabian Nights inspired thing, but I'm not sure how it would work exactly.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

I was thinking some sort of Arabian Nights inspired thing, but I'm not sure how it would work exactly.
            Magic magic is magic. So maybe Hammersmith event involving the Smokeless fire of the Djinn. Djinn could be high Quantum beings, aliens or even humans who lost their humanity in Quantum and reverted to a being of myth and expectation.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

In 1922, Doctor Sir Calvin Hammersmith invited a number of people of his acquaintance -- mostly those who were wealthy or science-minded or both -- to a demonstration of his "telluric engine," which would draw energy from "Z-waves," the energy of the cosmos itself. It would therefore be a potential source of limitless energy.

The demonstration did not go as planned. The device exploded. Dr. Hammersmith died trying to shut it down. Those closest to the device -- in the "eye" of the explosion -- were imbued with a fantastic amount of Z-wave energy, what we now call Flux. Many of those attending the demonstration further away from the engine died outright.

A year later, Maxwell Anderson Mercer and his friend Michael Donighal, who were both in the eye of the Hammersmith explosion, founded the Æon Society for Gentlemen. The Adventure! era begins.
              So you're keeping the founding of the Æon Society to Max and Michael? I was figuring that that would get “retconned” to also include Sara. But I suppose it makes sense: she's described as preferring to work in the shadows for most of her career; so if she was involved in the founding of the Æon Society, she would have kept a low profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post

So you're keeping the founding of the Æon Society to Max and Michael? I was figuring that that would get “retconned” to also include Sara. But I suppose it makes sense: she's described as preferring to work in the shadows for most of her career; so if she was involved in the founding of the Æon Society, she would have kept a low profile.
                She seemed to be doing her own thing, under the Radar, until she did her Psi version of the Hammersmith event in the next millennium. Perhaps Mercer knew of her from his trips to the Future but I don’t believe she was in the inner echelons of the Aeon. She was probably cultivating her talents in the background, exploiting her immortality and humble origins.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

She seemed to be doing her own thing, under the Radar, until she did her Psi version of the Hammersmith event in the next millennium. Perhaps Mercer knew of her from his trips to the Future but I don’t believe she was in the inner echelons of the Aeon. She was probably cultivating her talents in the background, exploiting her immortality and humble origins.
                  Max can have invited her, but she may have refused to join Aeon Society. It would not change the fact she was not a big piece in the game until 2104.

If Michael is more or less the same as in 1e, in the time he would be looking for people with powers very actively, and he could detect it without much problem. Also, he would go after her at least to talk about the experiment. This way I believe she choose to play low for a few hundred years even with some people in power knowing about her.

Comment

Working...
                  X