Questions about Momentum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Momentum

1) Do you start the game sessions with Momentum? How many, in that case?
    2) Do Momentum go away after a session or campaign or whatever?
    3) Do you have to spend Momentum BEFORE a roll or can you do it after you've seen the result of a normal roll?
    4) If you fail a roll that you spent Momentum on, do you still get more Momentum as consolation?

From what I've seen there's about 40% chance to actually get a response to rules-related questions here, but I hope this is a good day since I can't seem to find any of this in the book.

1 - It doesn’t appear so.
    2 - I’d carry it over between sessions and reset between campaigns.
    3 - p.72 implies that you can spend momentum after seeing a roll’s results. "If the Difficulty is too high for the number of successes a player has, he can choose to spend Momentum or fail and take a Consolation. These are covered in greater detail on p. XX."
    4 - Can’t find anything that says you don’t.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
      1 - It doesn’t appear so.
      2 - I’d carry it over between sessions and reset between campaigns.
      3 - p.72 implies that you can spend momentum after seeing a roll’s results. "If the Difficulty is too high for the number of successes a player has, he can choose to spend Momentum or fail and take a Consolation. These are covered in greater detail on p. XX."
      4 - Can’t find anything that says you don’t.
      Great, thanks! Seems like I interpreted the rules correctly then!

Comment

You’re welcome. Note that I’ve reported these as requiring clarification in errata - Core appears to be missing some core rules here (pun intended). Official rules may invalidate my answers here.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Working...
        X