Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Psions and Scale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by werlynn View Post
    A busy Discord chat channel is much harder to dig through for past comments or reference in the future than clear forum post or blog post.
    We are asking Neall to bring more of these kinds of comments back here to the forums, so y'all can search them more easily.

    Comment


    • #47
      There is a Discord chat channel for Trinity Continuum? Can you provide more info, please?

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by shuragil View Post
        There is a Discord chat channel for Trinity Continuum? Can you provide more info, please?
        Not that i’m aware of. Neall’s comment conflated how Psions and Scion scale works. He answered a question about that comment on the SCION Discord.

        If there is a Trinity Continuum Discord though, i’d like a link too please!


        Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

        Comment


        • #49
          I think this is the link: https://discord.gg/EWwwaz6


          Writer. Developer. WoD | CofD | The Trinity Continuum 19 books and counting...

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
            Neall’s clarification with regard to Scions on the Discord confirms he meant that Scions and Psions have Scale via the usage of their powers, not that they have blanket Scale in addition to that.

            If that's the case the Trinity books do a poor job of expressing it.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by MegaZarak View Post


              If that's the case the Trinity books do a poor job of expressing it.
              Yes, hence the statements earlier in this thread that the issue has already been noted in the errata thread, and eddy saying it’s been brought up with the writers for revision.


              Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

              Comment


              • #52
                Okay. After all the debates, the shifting of interpretations (including by me), and Eddy’s post that the devs will go take another look at clarifying exactly how Scale works, here’s how I’m going to implement it in my games. This might not be precisely how the final official version will look, but I think it’s a sensible approach.

                1. As a blanket rule, psions don’t apply Scale in most situations. When up against humans or human-type problems, they just use the normal (non-Scale enhanced) rules.
                2. When psions are in situations where they’re competing against a lower Tier and their Aptitude would give them an edge, they can benefit from Scale. This is more arbitrary and subject to SG approval, but Biokinetics and Vitakinetics might get Scale when engaged in physical contests, Telepaths might get Scale in mental contests etc. This is used to help demonstrate the slight boost psions got from the Prometheus Chambers and the subconscious application of their powers.
                3. When psions apply their powers, they gain the benefits of Scale for Inflict Damage purposes. They don’t gain Scale for their psi activation roll, or Scale Enhancement in applying their powers against lower Tiers.

                Anything else I’ve missed? I can edit this post.


                Writer. Developer. WoD | CofD | The Trinity Continuum 19 books and counting...

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                  Okay. After all the debates, the shifting of interpretations (including by me), and Eddy’s post that the devs will go take another look at clarifying exactly how Scale works, here’s how I’m going to implement it in my games. This might not be precisely how the final official version will look, but I think it’s a sensible approach.

                  1. As a blanket rule, psions don’t apply Scale in most situations. When up against humans or human-type problems, they just use the normal (non-Scale enhanced) rules.
                  2. When psions are in situations where they’re competing against a lower Tier and their Aptitude would give them an edge, they can benefit from Scale. This is more arbitrary and subject to SG approval, but Biokinetics and Vitakinetics might get Scale when engaged in physical contests, Telepaths might get Scale in mental contests etc. This is used to help demonstrate the slight boost psions got from the Prometheus Chambers and the subconscious application of their powers.
                  3. When psions apply their powers, they gain the benefits of Scale for Inflict Damage purposes. They don’t gain Scale for their psi activation roll, or Scale Enhancement in applying their powers against lower Tiers.

                  Anything else I’ve missed? I can edit this post.
                  I was coming to a similar conclusion. It still isn't perfect, but I had not find anything better yet. It allows scale to better represent that psi and quantum interfere with each others. I went farther a bit. Even if let's say a telepath gets punched by a quantun enhanced punch (ie mega strength), the fact she emits psi would weaken such punch. Scale vs scale.


                  Edit: Hmmm might be more clear if I specified only for damage tags.
                  Last edited by Monkeydjie; 01-18-2019, 08:21 AM. Reason: Mistakes were made

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Hi everybody, I’m new here, but I’ve been following for a while this discution.
                    As I see, it says on page 74 from TC core “These relative Scales apply when a character is utilizing her greatest powers against others”. As I understand, the tiers apply only to powers as discribed on the power. For exemple, the Bk fighting a human don’t get any advantage from his powers unless he is using a power, and in this case only the advantages described on the powers.
                    The only thing I would house rulle is the Inflict Damage stunt using powers. Let’s use the same bk using his powers to create a claw, if he fights a human he can use this stunt twice, if he fights a psion or Aberrant with no Defencive powers (any power that increase the difficult of inflict injury stunt), he can inflict injuries as if the other guy is human. If the other guy is using any kind of defencive power he can inflict injury only once. The same as an tier 3 Aberrant, attacking a human he can inflict injury 3 times, attacking the bk with no power active he can use 3 times, and if attack the bk with an armour power on, only twice.
                    Super science armour and weapons count as powers for that situation, advanced SS as tier 1, inspired SS as tier 2 and powered SS as tier 3.
                    I would apply this rules to any similar conflict that needs a variable number of successes to cause a condition or complication that can be applied multiple times, like mental injuries or some social injury (taunt, and things like that).

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X