Breath Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breath Control

My understanding was that edges are not supernatural powers. Holding ones breath for 40 minutes seems supernatural. 8 x stamina minutes is nuts.

I don’t understand why the second part has you checking for suffocation every 8 or 4 minutes and removes the stamina component. It would be helpful if there were a place in the book where it actually covered suffocation and holding your breath, otherwise the description of this edge would be the only place to find base line breath hold time.

Indeed, 40 minutes is almost double that of the current world record of 24 minutes (or so I believe). I suppose it would be alright if they simply just halved the time.

Comment

Even if 40 minutes is supposed to be OK, how does general suffocation work?

Comment

Copying to the errata thread

Comment

I think the idea is it is what a pulp style Yogi would have.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
            I think the idea is it is what a pulp style Yogi would have.
            Good point, but it seems better as a Gift then, or maybe a Skill Trick for Integrity.

Comment

Page 196 has drowning rules which can be used as general suffocation rules. 3 damage per minute and deadly. Drowning is no joke. 1 damage condition per minute if you roll very well. Good luck making 40 minutes with breath control. That’s 10 injury conditions IF you can pull off 4 successes on all 10 rolls.

Comment

Working...
              X