Æon: Alertness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Æon: Alertness

The alertness power in Æon raises the difficulty of the inflict injury stunt by 1 per success spent and its rank 1 so one the psions has a few dots in the aptitude they’re going to have multiple enhancements. That’s effectively 1 soft armor per success for a rank 1 power. Why isn’t this mode dots or mode/2? That’s more powerful than perikinesis 1 or augendis 1, more powerful than the 5 dot adaptation power. It’s also free. I like the power as it fits the theme, but it seems excessively powerful.

Maybe post it to the errata thread where this feedback will be more useful?

Edit: Which I have now done.
    Last edited by Bunyip; 01-04-2019, 03:08 AM.

Writer. Developer. WoD | CofD | The Trinity Continuum 19 books and counting...

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
      Maybe post it to the errata thread where this feedback will be more useful?
      The errata thread says: "address only typos, layout glitches, misplaced elements, and similar errors. If it's merely a matter where you'd have phrased something differently, that's not errata, and should go in a different thread."

So I get it that topics like this should not go into the errata thread. Also, even more important IMHO, I really hope that the devs read the other (non-errata) threads as well in this forum.

[RANT]As a side note I notice that quite some questions in other threads about the new rules are left unanswered. I can only hope that they will be adressed at the latest in the final version of the book before going into print. Frankly, the lack of feedback to the asked clarification questions et al is making me uneasy. But maybe any additional comments on this should go to another thread. Didn't mean to highjack this one (sorry OP). I just had to blow off some steam.[/RANT]

Comment

Thanks Shuragil. It wasn't an error so I didn't see that as errata.

Comment

Originally posted by werlynn View Post
          Thanks Shuragil. It wasn't an error so I didn't see that as errata.
          I see your view but disagree. “This power is clearly imbalanced against others of the same level, is that intentional or an error” is, IMO, fair game for the errata thread. It might be an error. The worst that will happen is that the dev will look at the post and ignore it because it is an intentional rule. But if it is something the dev hadn’t noticed before and needs to fix, you’ve drawn his attention to it.

Comment

Originally posted by shuragil View Post

[RANT]As a side note I notice that quite some questions in other threads about the new rules are left unanswered. I can only hope that they will be adressed at the latest in the final version of the book before going into print. Frankly, the lack of feedback to the asked clarification questions et al is making me uneasy. But maybe any additional comments on this should go to another thread. Didn't mean to highjack this one (sorry OP). I just had to blow off some steam.[/RANT]
            Shuragil, what hasn’t been addressed? There are numerous threads and things get lost in the weeds, and sometimes the answers aren’t known yet because the questions are emergent and weren’t thought of during writing. If you have specifics that need to be resolved, please call them out again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

I see your view but disagree. “This power is clearly imbalanced against others of the same level, is that intentional or an error” is, IMO, fair game for the errata thread. It might be an error. The worst that will happen is that the dev will look at the post and ignore it because it is an intentional rule. But if it is something the dev hadn’t noticed before and needs to fix, you’ve drawn his attention to it.
              You convinced me. Will add the open questions to errata as well. Thanks Bunyip.

Comment

Originally posted by shuragil View Post

You convinced me. Will add the open questions to errata as well. Thanks Bunyip.
                I already did a couple of days ago after seeing it in this thread! 🙂👍 Thank you for bringing it to attention.

Comment

Working...
                X