Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storypath: how much can a character lift?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storypath: how much can a character lift?

I’ve looked through the books a few times and I can not find a solid reference on
    1. How much Might equals lifting.
    2. The difficulty for feats of strength.

I’m assuming it compares to scale somehow similar to TK maybe?

There's a chart in Scion: Origin, but even then it's not that specific.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaZarak View Post
      There's a chart in Scion: Origin, but even then it's not that specific.
      Isn’t that chart just by Scale, not Might?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Isn’t that chart just by Scale, not Might?

There's one for Athletics + Might. pg 58 of Scion: Origins

Comment

Over all what a character can move does seem a bit neglected.

Comment

You should still do not complain on the Might thing - it's not so giant omission like Size matter in CoD games, where stats is totally abstract and influence any Health level. Also, I suppose you could simply use CoD rules Strength rules if in problem.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
              You should still do not complain on the Might thing - it's not so giant omission like Size matter in CoD games, where stats is totally abstract and influence any Health level. Also, I suppose you could simply use CoD rules Strength rules if in problem.

I'd argue before the book is released is when you should be complaining about things like this.

Comment

It is a critique not really a complaint. A better geralization as to not over or under estimate a persons capability. Where Scion has a table for successes on a might + athletics roll I do no see a similar table in Trinity Continuum.
                They have a mild guid line on 1 being weak and 5 being one of a few people being that strong. However seeing how to date the worlds strongest man has lifted 2k I believe it leaves open a rather wide margin for what one could lift, spacificly as TC lacks the identifier and has a skill trick to increase your lifting scale with no other major mention of what you can lift.
                I will easily admit I have not combed through the book endlessly so it might be there and I do not see it. That was one of the reasons I was asking for possible clarification.
                The other situation is using scale a Psion is a scale 2 character. So if scale is the lifting chart does that mean you can lift a scale 2 object?
                Last edited by Fuzzykuma; 01-11-2019, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X