Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storypath system question: Do I start with any dots in my three three Paths?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storypath system question: Do I start with any dots in my three three Paths?

The text is unclear, but one of the steps in character gen has me establishing a contact with a singular tag. This leads me to believe I start with a single dot in one Path. Is this correct?

Per page 40 of the Trinity Core, Paths have a rating from 1 to 5, so unless I am sorely mistaken, each of your Paths start at 1. Also, Character Creation (p 36 & 37) say that you get 3 dots in Path Skills and 2 dots in Path Edges for each of your Paths, which is conveniently the same amount of Skill and Edge dots that you get when you advance your Path.

Comment

This question is also asked here: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...clarifications

My understanding ist that each path begins with one dot. No official statement about this yet, however. (Or I missed it.)

Comment

Originally posted by ffanxii4ever View Post
        Per page 40 of the Trinity Core, Paths have a rating from 1 to 5, so unless I am sorely mistaken, each of your Paths start at 1. Also, Character Creation (p 36 & 37) say that you get 3 dots in Path Skills and 2 dots in Path Edges for each of your Paths, which is conveniently the same amount of Skill and Edge dots that you get when you advance your Path.
        Which would make sense, except you only get one contact with one tag at character gen and the pool of points for building your contacts increases as you get more dots in paths, too. This is why a clarificatione needs to be made.
        Last edited by Malckuss; 01-15-2019, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Hrm. Sometimes it takes sending stuff out into the world to realize that something you thought was clear and obvious is not. Yes, you begin the game with 1 dot in each of the three Paths you choose.

Danielle Lauzon, Requiem Developer, Storypath Guru, freelance writer

Comment

In Trinity’s the price of raising a path is listed as 18 XP on page 39 and 5 XP on page 41. I assume it’s 18 since raising a path grants 19 XP of benefits on top of more path connection power.

Comment

Working...
            X