No announcement yet.

Scale question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know about that one. I was referring to the other chart. It's dramatically different from Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by werlynn View Post
      I know about that one. I was referring to the other chart. It's dramatically different from Scion.
      Oh well, that might just be because Scion is designed to incorporate literal gods into its Scale system. The two games use the same underlying engine in the broad sense, but they aren’t the same. Trinity Continuum games need to be consistent with each other mechanically, but they and Scion are not required to match.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Oh well, that might just be because Scion is designed to incorporate literal gods into its Scale system. The two games use the same underlying engine in the broad sense, but they aren’t the same. Trinity Continuum games need to be consistent with each other mechanically, but they and Scion are not required to match.
        They don’t need to be consistent with Scion, but there are lots of texts from Scion that were cut from TC and should not. One example is the scale chart (not the tier chart, that is bs even on Scion). The description for scale combat from Scion could be useful for someone trying to have some vehicle combat, for example the shockwave effect.
        The same way they cut all the edges from Scion, to the point there are guys on forum suggesting to add merits on the CoD style. For Heroes it would be nice to have some edges to make them more human...
        Some rules I could get a proper understanding only because I backed both and read both... others, like the defence rules and the inflict damage just made it more confuse...

Comment

Yes. I find the lack of a Scale chart disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaZarak View Post

If that's the case, my question is why have humans and Psions have different scale in the first place?
            They shouldn't; I misspoke. Psions and humans operate on the same scale, except when the Scion uses telekinesis to fly faster than a jet or electrokinesis to laser someone's face off a mile away.

Neall Raemonn Price
            Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

So, it appears to me that a lot of this confusion is coming from the fact that Tier and Scale are not the same thing. Tier is a term used strictly to describe a character's out of game qualities, it's base Difficulty, max Attributes, and a few other things. Scale is a narrative term that describes how different two things are from one another. So yes, a character of a higher Tier may have access to things that make their Scale higher than a normal person, but even a Tier 2 Psion does not necessarily have a physical or mental advantage over a Tier 1 human, not unless they have an Edge or Psi power that gives them increased Scale.

So, the concept here is that Scale differences come up only sometimes, and when they do, you use the Scale system. Scale is not tied to Tier though, so you can have similarly Tiered people/animals/etc. that have different Scale. I.E. the example that a cheetah has more Scale than a human when it comes to speed.

Additionally, because I've seen the question elsewhere. In superscience items, an item's Rank is not a Tier or a Scale. It is its own term used to determine how powerful an item is/can be/how hard it is to make. You may include aspects that increase its Scale, but that doesn't have any tie to its Rank either.

Danielle Lauzon, Requiem Developer, Storypath Guru, freelance writer

Comment

Working...
              X