Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talent Tier

Hi guys,

On TC Core page 74 talents are set as tier 1 (in the Tier table)
    On TC Aeon page 125 talents are set as tier 2 (“Remember that ordinary humans are Tier 1 characters, while ordinary psions and Talents are Tier 2 characters.”).

There are other situations where you can find this, but basically Talwnts are T1 on Core e T2 in Aeon.

What are your Opinions about it?

There were lots of discussions regarding tiers and scale, the most heatly discussed is probably this one: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...ions-and-scale

Take one hour off, have some coffee and a snack, sit down, and enjoy the thread/show.

Comment

Ignore the chart on page 74, it just confuses things and is being raised as something to cut from the final book.

That said Tier != Scale. Tier is much more of an abstract rough estimate of relative power, it doesn’t grant the mechanical benefits of Scale on its own.

Generally Tier 1 = Baselines
      Tier 2 = Talents, Psions, Superiors (& Divergents)
      Tier 3 = (Max Mercer?), Proxies, Novas (& Nemeses)
      Tier 4 = Terats

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Some expeculation: Mesmerists and Stalwart are both tier 2 to be in same level of Talents, but if you compare psions powers and mesmerists powers, psions are much more focused but also more powerful (1st level knacks are equivalent to basic powers of most aptitudes).
        Do you think they will set Mesmerist as standard Psiads (same level of raw power, but less focused than psions) or do you think they will keep it a little more limited, as happened on Adventure?

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
          Some expeculation: Mesmerists and Stalwart are both tier 2 to be in same level of Talents, but if you compare psions powers and mesmerists powers, psions are much more focused but also more powerful (1st level knacks are equivalent to basic powers of most aptitudes).
          Do you think they will set Mesmerist as standard Psiads (same level of raw power, but less focused than psions) or do you think they will keep it a little more limited, as happened on Adventure?
          My theory is that Mesmerists and Stalwarts will be less powerful than Psions and Superiors in terms of their psychic powers or enhanced atteibutes, but they will round out the difference with Talents in the context of Adventure! by sharing access to Dramatic Editing (as they did in 1E).

Note that this is an Adventure! specific hypothesis. I’m not suggesting lesser Psychomorphs and Exomorphs running around in the Aberrant or Aeon eras with Dramatic Editing.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
          X