Trinty - Allegiances Sum ups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinty - Allegiances Sum ups

I'm old time CoD Storyteller, but in Trinity I'm totally new. I understand that Allegiances are like Compacts or Conspiracies in Hunter: The Vigil - very diverse bunch of human organisations - but I still do not know what kind of groups they are described in corebook, to decide if they are interesting to me to play. I just need short, one sentence sum up of each corebook group. Bonus points - I look for 'thieves Allegiance', if it's in corebook.

What I have Allegiances from official previews from Onyx Path blog posts:
    • 9 - Secret, government based security, intelligence agency ( think Marvel's Agents of SHIELD )
    • Archangel - Group of 'do gooders', that protect important clients, being 'guardian angels' of them.
    • Theseus Club - Literal hunters and outdoorsman club
    Are there any other groups in Trinity Core?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-21-2019, 06:34 PM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Aeon: THE good guys, centrepiece of the entire universe (at least for game propouses)
    Le Fantomes: Guild of good thieves.
    Pharao’s Lightkeepers: They do good, but nobody knows about it. Charlie Angels stile, talk to the machine and don’t know your boss.
    Global Carthograph Initiatuve: Explorers for the science
    Neptune Foundation: What UN peace keepers which they were.
    Triton Fundation: How US military see UN peace keepers.

There are other 3 or 4, but... didn’t read all yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
      Le Fantomes: Guild of good thieves.
      Could Carmen Sandiego be good example of La Fantomes?

Here are some points on her profile:
      • In most Carmen Sandiego media, it is stated or implied that Carmen is a gentleman thief in that she steals only for the challenge of it, although some of her V.I.L.E. minions seem to be more traditionally motivated. She often describes her schemes and the user/protagonists attempts to stop them as being a game, which they ironically are, regularly gloating that she is impossible to capture or that her plans are infallible and acting as though any efforts made against her are extremely trivial. Sometimes, she asserts that it is impossible for anyone to understand her or her motives and seems to revel at how difficult she can make it for anyone trying to figure her out.
      • In both the animated TV series Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego? and in the video game Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? Treasures of Knowledge, it is heavily hinted that, despite her thieving ways, she may still have some goodness left in her. The character has, however, never been depicted turning back to the good side outright, although she has often been encouraged to do so. Nevertheless, Carmen tries to maintain a reputation as a "thief with a conscience" in the Earth series and ACME agents who used to work closely with her are often shown to have mixed feelings about imprisoning her.
      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-21-2019, 06:53 PM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Could https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmen_Sandiego_(character)"]Carmen Sandiego[/URL] be good example of La Fantomes?

Here are some points on her profile:
        • In most Carmen Sandiego media, it is stated or implied that Carmen is a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentleman_thief"]gentleman thief[/URL] in that she steals only for the challenge of it, although some of her V.I.L.E. minions seem to be more traditionally motivated. She often describes her schemes and the user/protagonists attempts to stop them as being a game, which they ironically are, regularly gloating that she is impossible to capture or that her plans are infallible and acting as though any efforts made against her are extremely trivial. Sometimes, she asserts that it is impossible for anyone to understand her or her motives and seems to revel at how difficult she can make it for anyone trying to figure her out.
        • In both the animated TV series https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_on_Earth_Is_Carmen_Sandiego%3F"]Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego?[/URL] and in the video game https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_in_the_World_Is_Carmen_Sandiego%3F_Treasures _of_Knowledge"]Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? Treasures of Knowledge[/URL], it is heavily hinted that, despite her thieving ways, she may still have some goodness left in her. The character has, however, never been depicted turning back to the good side outright, although she has often been encouraged to do so. Nevertheless, Carmen tries to maintain a reputation as a "thief with a conscience" in the Earth series and ACME agents who used to work closely with her are often shown to have mixed feelings about imprisoning her.
        Yes, especially with the new Netflix series that makes her an outright protagonist stealing from/ahead of the crime syndicate she ran in other media.

Also think Leverage, and Lupin III.
        Last edited by glamourweaver; 01-21-2019, 07:46 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Here’s one of the previews the OP missed: Transcendent Alliance http://theonyxpath.com/allegiance-th...ity-continuum/

Others in the book not mentioned yet in this thread include...

Alert Status 1 (spy thriller protagonists)
          La Revolte Eclatante (leftist revolutionaries)
          National Office of Emergency Research (MIBs, some overlap with 9, but unambiguously the US government response to Flux Events as opposed to being semi-privatized and international like 9)

Comment

My own tweaking on the Allegiance lineup for my table...

- Drop Pharaoh’s Lightkeepers. Instead of Orzaiz and an official structure, Archangel has the secret recruiter/benefactor giving recruitees missions to protect innocent people.

- 9 isn’t private. It’s an international agency across NATO countries and several key allies (Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, etc)

- Gut modern Aeon Society and replace it’s nature with that of the Global Cartography Initiative. Aeon proper is a society of scientists, explorers and gifted hobbyists driven by discovery - Triton and Neptune apply said discovered knowledge systemically and acutely respectively to try and make the world a better place.

- NOER exists, but they’re antagonists

I have some additional Allegiances for my own table including:

- Vigilance, a collective of citizen journalists exposing corruption, cover-ups, and conspiracies; major annoyance to organizations like 9 who believe in enforcing an important degree of discretion and classification

- Rosales & Rosen, a political pr/media-relations/crisis-management firm. Engage in mass social engineering in the name of justice

Exclusively anatgonist organizations include.... (in addition to the Society of Minos and NOER)

- Sovereign, various ultra-nationalist groups trying to topple liberal democracy and internationalism laced together across national borders by unknown benefactors (could be anything from Russian Intelligence, to corporations who have no desire for hyper-Nationalism, but wield it as a weapon against the threat of democratic internationalism checking their international power, to the Chakravarti [see below])

-Chakravarti, theosophists who unite the pulp villain staples of Nazis and Thuggee (they’re overwhelmingly white, but as theosophists they’ve appropriated and perverted Hindu ritual and iconography), believe in historic cycles and how a better age can only be ushered in through a “renewal” of global war

- Blackfire Security (mercenaries)

- Amerun Concern (thieves and assassins who obtain valuable technology and are paid by the industries said tech would destroy to keep it out of use; there are some anti-flux luddite and ecoterrorist groups they manipulate as fronts)

- Heralds of the Basilsk (i’m not even supposed to talk about these guys or people who consider themselves rationalists get mad at me, suffice to say they’re a splinter from the Transcendant Alliance who don’t think a better future is obtainable so instead desire to be on the good side of the inevitable)

Comment

I agree with most of glamourweaver sugestions.
              Pharaos is silly, just that...
              9 is kind of weird, sometimes looks like a private FBI, sometimes like a Mr and Ms Smith companies.
              GCI is much closer to the Aeon Society from Adventure than anything else. I would make it part of Aeon or even make it Aeon itself, with Triton and Neptune as the parts of Aeon that are actively working for world peace.
              NOER should be rename The Directorate, and became The Directorate from Aberrant...
              I also agree there is a need for antagonist allegiances, not always we want to play the good guys, sometimes we just want do dominate the world... or at least give a face to the enemy...

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
                I agree with most of glamourweaver sugestions.
                Pharaos is silly, just that...
                9 is kind of weird, sometimes looks like a private FBI, sometimes like a Mr and Ms Smith companies.
                GCI is much closer to the Aeon Society from Adventure than anything else. I would make it part of Aeon or even make it Aeon itself, with Triton and Neptune as the parts of Aeon that are actively working for world peace.
                NOER should be rename The Directorate, and became The Directorate from Aberrant...
                I also agree there is a need for antagonist allegiances, not always we want to play the good guys, sometimes we just want do dominate the world... or at least give a face to the enemy...
                FWIW, 9 becomes the Directorate in canon. NOER’s primary defining trait distinguishing it from 9 is being distinctly US government. 9’s UN ties are meant to facilitate its transition after the Security Council panics over Novas.

I admit I don’t really get what kind of distinct gameplay NOER is meant to provide that 9 doesn’t, hence my decision to turn them into antagonists while making 9 more realistic as a NATO joint intelligence agency rather than a private one trusted by the whole security council.
                Last edited by glamourweaver; 01-22-2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                  I'm old time CoD Storyteller, but in Trinity I'm totally new. I understand that Allegiances are like Compacts or Conspiracies in Hunter: The Vigil - very diverse bunch of human organisations - but I still do not know what kind of groups they are described in corebook, to decide if they are interesting to me to play. I just need short, one sentence sum up of each corebook group. Bonus points - I look for 'thieves Allegiance', if it's in corebook.
                  The Major Allegiances:
                  • 9: A combination government agency, private think tank, and corporation. They're investigators into big threats: crime syndicates, secret societies, engineered plagues, and so on. Some parts of SHIELD (from Agents of SHIELD) and the SSR (from Agent Carter). Some parts ACME from various incarnations of Carmen Sandiego.
                  • The Æon Society: One of the world's largest philanthropic organizations, and develop some of the most amazing cutting-edge technology. They seek to explore and understand all the nooks and crannies of the world, but more people and events than places. They claim they refuse to get involved in situations, preferring to monitor and investigate, but true uninvolvement is rarely possible for them.
                  • Archangel: An elite team funded by Count Raphael Orzaiz who use their skills and resources to help people in need. The focus is always on assistance, not retribution. Liberate captives first, shut down the slave labour operation second, eliminate everyone involved a distant third. Shows like Human Target, A-Team.
                  • The Global Cartography Initiative: Like Æon, they seek the unknown places of the world, but have more of an interest in places and history. Your Indiana Joneses, Nathan Drakes, and Lara Crofts (but also potentially the Trinity from the more recent Tomb Raider games).
                  • The Neptune Foundation: Founded by the Æon Society, although fully self-sufficient. These are the boots on the ground. Whenever there's a flood or fire or earthquake or some other disaster, it's not long before the familiar blue uniforms of Neptune First Response teams are seen. Sort of the Thunderbirds, or the Phoenix Foundation from MacGyver.
                  • Pharaoh's Lightkeepers: Skilled individuals assembled into cells by a mysterious silhouette on a screen who identifies him(?)self as Pharos. Often the teams are brought together for a single mission, but team members who work well together are often called back for further missions. Global Frequency, Person of Interest, Charlie's Angels.

Lesser Allegiances
                  • Alert Status 1: Superspies. When the American and British governments shut down "black ops" programs, AS1 was founded by former spies to pick up the slack. Members are typically recruited from spy organizations like the CIA, KGB, MI6, etc all over the world. Bourne Identity, Splinter Cell, Man from UNCLE.
                  • La Révolte Éclatante: Freedom-fighters. Currently working with the Dalai Lama to free Tibet from Chinese control. Deal with government oppression, human trafficking, sweatshops, etc.
                  • Les Fantômes: Modern Robin Hoods. The world's best thieves. Sometimes they do complex heists to take down a corrupt CEO, sometimes they'll silently return an item that has been stolen. They're not perfect: some will still steal and fence items for the hell of it, but they try to pick their targets carefully and never kill if they can help it. Leverage, Carmen Sandiego, Arsene Lupin.
                  • National Office of Emergency Research (NOER): While 9 looks after big important threats, those threats are largely mundane. The NOER is a US department tasked with investigating things less easily explained: UFOs, ghost sightings, psychic phenomena, etc. Anything you might reasonably see in a Time-Life "Mysteries of the Unkwown" book. There may be some overlap, of course: if the vault doors being cut open by a laser in 9's investigation turn out to be caused by someone who shoots lasers from his eyes, you may have 9 and the NOER both on the scene arguing jurisdiction with each other. X-Files, SHIELD,
                  • The Theseus Club: Founded by Sanger Rainsford (see the short story "the Most Dangerous Game"), the Theseus Club hunts serial killers, violent sadists, and other victimizers -- especially the Society of Minos, an organization full of such individuals.
                  • The Transcendent Alliance: A technological think-tank of researchers and wealthy visionaries to aadvance the cause of humanity. Elon Musk would be a member. It could be Project Rebirth (the project which created Captain America), but it could just as easily be the Centipede Project (Agents of SHIELD).
                  • The Triton Foundation: Æon's research-oriented parallel to the Neptune Foundation. If Neptune's administering cures to a plague, Triton's the one who developed it. They're also at the medical forefront on developing cancer cures, cures for AIDS, and more. They also deal in general humanitarian charity, and operate a number of soup kitchens and shelters.

Ian A. A. Watson
                  Onyx Path Community Manager
                  Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Working...
                  X