Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superscience without the Big Three?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Sara is said to be a head of the others before they are all set to the same maximum psi and powers on their aptitudes. She has several other auxiliary powers.

    About Divis on Aberrant, he has no one that would be the same level. They say Caestus pax would be the strongest, and he actually is far superior to most novas, but he is a scale below Mal when they fight. He just turn off Pax powers and put him to sleep...

    Pax was Quantum 6 and Mal Quantum 8, Pax could destroy a city with his powers, Mal a entire state, that’s the scale of power he had.
    Last edited by Mateus Luz; 02-06-2019, 06:15 AM.


    The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product.../Fists-of-Flux

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
      Sara is said to be a head of the others before they are all set to the same maximum psi and powers on their aptitudes. She has several other auxiliary powers.

      About Divis on Aberrant, he has no one that would be the same level. They say Caestus pax would be the strongest, and he actually is far superior to most novas, but he is a scale below Mal when they fight. He just turn off Pax powers and put him to sleep...
      That’s what I’m saying, they mention when Pax fights Mal it’s supposed to be right after Mal had a Chrysalis type raising of his Quantum, before that though they were on roughly the same footing.

      And Sara had more time to develop her powers. She was essentially a Psiad (maybe first Mesmerist?) who spent centuries in the shadows and then becomes a Psion. I don’t see anything saying she started out all beefed out, only that she studied over time. And the other Progenitor blokes were on the same scale as her, she just had a lot more options especially at the lower level powers.


      I do hope we get more Psion powers and modes in later supplement. I’m not asking for crazy power bloat, but I do love secret powers and diverse options, so I hope they trickle in.


      It is a time for great deeds!

      Comment


      • #18
        Mal was probably Quantum 7 before Chrysalis, it’s still enought to kill Pax. He and Sara were the most powerful of their time just after the accident, for sure, but they were not good for later standards. Let’s say if Mal erupted as powerful as he erupted, but after N-day he would be just one more, maybe below average, Nova, and Sara would be as powerful as a just dunked psion, but as they were at least one century ahead, they got some extra juicy. In the case of Sara, the surgery give most of her Qk powers, she was probably on 1 or 2 dots in no more than 4 or 5 modes before doyen, while the other proxies were just latents, but in the end she became as powerful as them, with more knowledge and skills (and mind controled).
        Last edited by Mateus Luz; 02-06-2019, 06:31 AM.


        The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
        https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product.../Fists-of-Flux

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
          Mal was probably Quantum 7 before Chrysalis, it’s still enought to kill Pax. He and Sara were the most powerful of their time just after the accident, for sure, but they were not good for later standards. Let’s say if Mal erupted as powerful as he erupted, but after N-day he would be just one more, maybe below average, Nova, and Sara would be as powerful as a just dunked psion, but as they were at least one century ahead, they got some extra juicy. In the case of Sara, the surgery give most of her Qk powers, she was probably on 1 or 2 dots in no more than 4 or 5 modes before doyen, while the other proxies were just latents, but in the end she became as powerful as them, with more knowledge and skills (and mind controled).
          Yeah pretty much what I was saying. But what Quantum was Pax?


          It is a time for great deeds!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
            Yeah pretty much what I was saying. But what Quantum was Pax?
            6. At least it’s what I remember from one of the books, Phase 1 I think.


            The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
            Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
            https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product.../Fists-of-Flux

            Comment


            • #21
              I see, interesting if Mal did wait till Quantum 8 it must have been because he was hedging his bets and wanting to make sure his future plans were ready befor his departure. He was a secrety behind the scenes guy after all, so I can see him being potent before giving his big goodbye.


              I want a Trinity game to be able to have high and low tiers on the same team. Have it be more Marvel Avengers were Thor and Spidey are drastically different Quantum but are both useful team members. Rather then always doing Shonen Manga style were everything is devides in power leagues and they concentrate too much on raising their power, but I guess that fits more on RPGs because you get Exp and grow in might.


              I’m wondering though is it kosher in the system to have full on Nova level beings without tapping into the Big Three? Like Sentinels or Gundams using just advanced alien sciences. Or big Marvel Style Celestials but that aren’t tapping into Quantum, or Psi or Flux, but something else that is similarly potent, something specific maybe to them.

              And the idea of other worldly superbeings from universes without Quantum.


              It is a time for great deeds!

              Comment


              • #22
                If you keep your team between quantum 1 and 5, you could run the game as you prefere, with quantum 5 being a little more powerful than 1, but quantum 6 up, every step was a jump, with masteries and new powers. Of course you can’t be that powerful without a lot of XP, and even if you have Quantum 8, if you don’t have a mastery, you are not going to fight on the same level as Pax, but, if you gathered all the XP for quantum 8, you should have added some mastery in the middle.

                About non 3 force superhumans, not in this franchise. If it is that powerful, to will be powered by one of the 3, it may be a Celestial with Quantum Powers, or a living tribunal with godly psi powers, but not a 4th source of power.

                But technology don’t need to be super science, and it can be used to build Iron Man armours, Gundan mechas and even Dison Spheres, if you have enought tech and materials. It can be a reverse engineered from old alien stuff, no problem. Also there are stuff that are regular science there that don’t work on our world (as far as we know), for example Aeon have this crystals that create artificial gravity, so it may be possible to focus it and create a wormhole, or a warp engine, it’s a matter of you allowing it. You also don’t need 3force to reach high tech, they just make it easier.


                The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
                Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product.../Fists-of-Flux

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
                  In the case of Sara, the surgery give most of her Qk powers,

                  No, she developed QK on her own and the Doyen had never seen it before. See the Setting Secrets chapter


                  she was probably on 1 or 2 dots in no more than 4 or 5 modes before doyen
                  Maybe, but there’s nothing to back this up. I’d estimate she was a little more powerful than that, but I’d suggest 4-5 Aptitudes, not just Modes, before the Doyen.

                  , while the other proxies were just latents,
                  This is true.

                  but in the end she became as powerful as them, with more knowledge and skills (and mind controled).
                  Pretty much.


                  Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

                    6. At least it’s what I remember from one of the books, Phase 1 I think.

                    Yes, Worldwide Phase 1 has Pax at Q6 and Mal at Q8.


                    Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Bunyip View Post


                      No, she developed QK on her own and the Doyen had never seen it before. See the Setting Secrets chapter
                      She was not at 7 dots on Qk, she got it from the Doyen, she was probably 2-3 dots on each mode of Qk, that’s what I mean. Unless you say she got to proxy level Qk before the Doyen, that would be impressive. Good to know that Psiads can be this power, bad to know it takes 200 years.


                      The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
                      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                      https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product.../Fists-of-Flux

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

                        She was not at 7 dots on Qk, she got it from the Doyen, she was probably 2-3 dots on each mode of Qk, that’s what I mean. Unless you say she got to proxy level Qk before the Doyen, that would be impressive. Good to know that Psiads can be this power, bad to know it takes 200 years.
                        But maybe not always after all she developed that Noetic wave device. So maybe she unlocked high level QK by experimenting on herself.


                        This makes me wonder, just because you can’t stack the big 3 powers maybe you can unlock more potential in Talents with Experiments. Like raise them to Tier two or three.

                        I don’t see that als always going the way of Mercer, as in time travel. But there are probably a lot of unique paths like Instead of time hopping you have Universe Hopping. What other ways can you imagine raising Talents? Can you push the Skill/Luck Powers to
                        Make you say more street fightery or mad Sciency?


                        It is a time for great deeds!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

                          She was not at 7 dots on Qk, she got it from the Doyen, she was probably 2-3 dots on each mode of Qk, that’s what I mean. Unless you say she got to proxy level Qk before the Doyen, that would be impressive. Good to know that Psiads can be this power, bad to know it takes 200 years.
                          Ah, misunderstanding what you were saying. No, she wasn’t proxy level in QK before the Doyen. I don’t think we’ll ever truly define precisely what her Mode dots were before becoming the QK proxy, but in my opinion, the Doyen didn’t boost her to 7 dots in QK, because they had no idea how QK worked. They boosted her to Psi 7 and drove her to channel all her energies into developing her QK Modes as quickly as possible so they could see how they worked. During that process they learned things that terrified them.

                          (Again IMO) What Bhurano initially lacked in raw Aptitude dot levels, compared to the other proxies who probably were boosted/subjected to accelerated learning, she made up for in knowing more about psi and how it actually worked than anyone else before or since.


                          Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                            But maybe not always after all she developed that Noetic wave device. So maybe she unlocked high level QK by experimenting on herself.
                            There’s more history of the psiads coming in the AEon AExpansion.


                            Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              What happened to Sara is extremely sad and upsetting and makes me want to rage. The fact that the Doyen took her and screwed up her own natural abilities is just so utterly sad. She was basically the noetic equivalent of Divis Mal and instead she became nothing more than a Slave.

                              That is, from an in Universe perspective on the in matters. From a game perspective this is a very interesting development and I really like the fact that they were able to tie in Adventure! and Aeon. So thumbs up on that.

                              Though I still want to find a way for her to survive and basically kick the Doyen's ass!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                                What happened to Sara is extremely sad and upsetting and makes me want to rage. The fact that the Doyen took her and screwed up her own natural abilities is just so utterly sad. She was basically the noetic equivalent of Divis Mal and instead she became nothing more than a Slave.

                                That is, from an in Universe perspective on the in matters. From a game perspective this is a very interesting development and I really like the fact that they were able to tie in Adventure! and Aeon. So thumbs up on that.

                                Though I still want to find a way for her to survive and basically kick the Doyen's ass!
                                All the Doyen stuff just makes me want to kick some plasma ass! At the same time we have the psions, that would not pop up as powerful as they are in Aeon, the source of all of them is corrupt by definition, they are the tools to kill aberrants, period. I am happy on the other side, that its oficial that Sara is free from the Doyen and planning to return. If I knew in universe, half of I know out of universe I would be like Nihon, hard tech and superiors.

                                One thing I miss is the Venezuela event, it was a big deal on my adventures on 1e, psions becoming psiads, low taint novas popping up, lots of Deredevils. It was also one of the reasons I really like Del Fuego and Norça. In 2e, the Venezuela event equivalent happened in 2104 by the hands of Sara, before the first Psions, at least that's the way I see.


                                The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
                                Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                                https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product.../Fists-of-Flux

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X