Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Aptitude - Noetikinesis

Hi all,

Reading thru some old (2003 old) forum posts, and one idea I worked for a while that was discussed there come back to mind: Noetikinesis, the capacity of manipulating psi energy itself. Of course, from 2003 to now we had a major change on Quantakinesis, that took a part of what was Noetikinesis back there, that is manipulating the capacity of psions to deal with psi, but some of my ideas were originally also related to the Alternity Psionics from back them.

The first mode would be the capacity to create a kind of protomatter from psi, creating sort of Psi-Blade, psi-bolts and psi-armour, all made purely of psi.

The second mode I had in mind back them was related to making creatures and objects made of energy, maybe looking like coloured glass in the first dots and more like real matter in the last few.

And the last, as I think about it now would be more like a psionic charge that damage what it touches, maybe charging weapons to make them capable of more damage, maybe creating psionic storms or psionic lightnings (dark side stile).

Worth the labor of writing it down?

What do those powers give that aren't already provided by other Aptitudes, except that they're 'made from psi'?

Writer. Developer. WoD | CofD | The Trinity Continuum 19 books and counting...

Comment

The original idea like the fundamentals mode of QK (but only for psi, no quantum), Perikinesis mode from PK (with possible melee weapons) and a mode for general creation of objects and creatures (Metacreativity from DnD). So it was quite useful, but as ⅔ of the modes are part of other aptitude’s and the last is a little wyrd... that’s why I asked for opinion...

Comment

If you want to write it up I’d look forward to seeing it, even though I’d never use it.

From the design point of view for the 2nd edition powers, we avoided ‘grab bag’ Modes so that no one Aptitude has all the answers. Indeed, several Modes (deliberately) have powers that would be even more useful and powerful if they could be paired or shaped by a power within another Mode. It’s all part of a in-universe hint that the enforced divisions and locking off of Aptitudes may not be psi’s natural progression.

Writer. Developer. WoD | CofD | The Trinity Continuum 19 books and counting...

Comment

Plus, at least for me, it helps incentivize the teamwork aspect of psions, letting them do some pretty powerful things together.

Comment

And it gives psiads more of an edge, because they can mix and match their powers.

Comment

This new power set gives me some major Green Lantern vibes.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

So in Playing God what would Genesis tech/powers derive from to create sentient species, or evolving them from more primitive ones, with Psi potential in the future. Would it be QK, NK, or just Vk?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I think it’s a combination of QK and VK. NK was really better when QK has no Fundamentals.

Comment

Working...
                  X