0 Standard/Human +0
    1 Formidable +2
    2 Impressive +4
    3 Awesome +6
    4 Incredible +8
    5 Astonishing +10
    6 Godlike +12
    +1 Rare to go above 6 Scale x2

If so how does the small scale play into this?

Item Sizes
    Sometimes with equipment, size matters. Is something small enough to easily
    conceal, or is it obvious when carried? See the table below for the different sizes of equipment. All equipment has a listed size. Items of Large and above size cannot be concealed on a person.

Size Size Scale Examples Concealability
    Tiny -4 Contact lens, marble, or pea (Cod Size 0?) +5e
    Small -3 Pen, phone, or small pistol (CoD Size 1) +1e
    Medium -2 Large pistol, thick novel (CoD Size 1) +0e
    Large -1 Small briefcase, shotgun (CoD Size 2) NA
    Size 0 0 Large backpack, antitank missile (CoD Size 4) NA
    Size 1 1 Motorcycle (CoD Size 7) NA
    Is the Size 0 on Small Scale Trinity the same as Scale Size 0

Size Scale 0: Small Creatures
    Trinity Continuum: Æon has aliens that are substantially smaller than humans,
    as well as biokinetics who can shrink in size or bud off smaller parts of themselves. For that reason, it includes an additional Scale for Size, Size 0, which is used for creatures that are no larger than a medium sized dog like a golden retriever, or a large raccoon. Treat Size Scale 0 as Scale in all ways, but instead of Enhancements due to higher Scale, Size Scale 0 creatures experience +2 Difficulty to all rolls where smaller physical size would be an issue, including all rolls involving Might.

I almost wish the Scale would have been built including small size first as it feels like an add on or a bolt on after the fact. Would now be a good time to insert a CoD Size chart? Just kidding...

Thanks for any feedback or clarification.

Best regards

Roleplaying not Rollplaying or Ruleplaying
    Current Focus
    Storypath & Storypath to Run CoD, VtR, WtF, MtA
    Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition

All I can say at the moment is that expanded Scale and smaller Size are coming.

Writer. Developer. WoD | CofD | The Trinity Continuum 19 books and counting...

Comment

Expanded Scale I see what you did there, nice! Thank you! I can't wait to actually have the printed books in hand.

Best regards

Current Focus

Comment

Aberrant will include small (negative) Scale for smaller than normal beings (much like aliens). Just remember that size and the Scale for it, only matter for comparisons. Items are unlikely to need to worry about size Scale as they aren't taking actions where their size matters. I'd worry more about an item's durability Scale vs being broken rather than its size for Scale Enhancement purposes.

Danielle Lauzon, Requiem Developer, Storypath Guru, freelance writer

Comment

We really appreciate your input and feedback.

Best regards

Current Focus

Comment

In previous CoD games one of the reason I had special attention to Size is to make it easy to make on the fly calls during game.
            I study the hell out of something so I do not need to reference it in game. For example Size

Specific Targets in CoD (or my Modified Version)
            * Arm | -2d (+1 DR)
            * Ears | -5d (+3 DR)
            * Eyes | -5d (+3 DR)
            * Hand | -4d (+2 DR)
            * Head | -3d (+2 DR)
            * Heart | -3d (+2 DR)
            * Leg | -2d (+1 DR)

So in Summary
            * -1 to -2d | DR +1 = Arm & Legs, Medium Target, Briefcase (Size 2 or 3)
            * -3 to -4d | DR +2 = Hand, Head, Heart, Small Target (Size 1-2)
            * -5 to -6d | DR +3 = Eyes, Ears, Lock, Precise Target (Size 0-1)

So when a player wants to toss a grenade down the barrel of a tank without actually getting up to the barrel it would be or shoot the lock off of a something, or shoot the grenade in midflight with a readied action (this could happen) -5d or +3 DR.

So shooting a pistol from an opponents hands could be -3 to -4d (+2 DR) or maybe a the opponents, because they normally don't get defense against firearms unless supernatural. So without the mod it would appear to be an easy task, but we know that is not true. I also may up the challenge if the target holding the weapon is well trained. So +2DR or their combat skill whichever is higher.

When the hero want to throw a dagger and hit the red "do not push" or "reset" button from across the room it would be -5d (+3d).

Size gets me the answer to a lot of things, which is why I think the Size in CoD drove so many of us nuts. I understand it is a narrative game of story telling. The more things I can pins down make telling my story easier. So as we roll into Storypath with Scale Size, and Item Small Scale, and Micro Scale I am doing the CoD absorbing so that I can lay the field for the players.

For me Size touches every aspect of the game, but it is sometimes background noise, not really focused on.

I hope my random rambling makes sense.

We really appreciate the games you develop and the time you take to interaction with us.

Best regards

Current Focus

Comment

Using Storypath you just need to make a stunt out of it or add a complication that must be bought off to achieve the effect

Let’s say to put a granade into a tanks barrel is a remarkable stunt, I wouldmake it a 3 successes stunt if the barrier is much bigger than the granade, a 4 if it is just big enough or a 5 if it fits perfectly.

Hitting the gun in the target hand is also a stunt... it already exist, called Disarm...

I think the negative scale is a good way to interact with objects, but the difficulty it’s not always about the scale, some times it’s about the fitting, sometimes about position, sometimes about timing. Hitting the gun in the hand may be much more difficult if the guy is facing the other direction, or running without pointing the gun to any specific target.

I know what you mean about facilitating the rules, and I also have this kind of reference of size and use it as the base For decision making, but there are more variables than just the size.

Comment

Working...
              X