Favored Approach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favored Approach

Alrighty, so I've been going over Aeon and Core, and I'm wanting to get some feedback.

Does Favored Approach do anything? I mean, other than dictating where 3 of your attribute dots go.

What if someone was to just go 7/5/3 (or my favorite, 15 attributes, put wherever), would that actually affect anything at all?

Honestly I kinda don't get the favored approach thing.

On a related note, I've been wondering if it does anything post-chargen as well, given as how there's a 15xp surcharge for shifting it and no XP-cost to just Tweak the dots around.

---------------------------------------------
    Supporter of Spirits getting full playable splat design come Exalted 3E.
    Refugee from the 3rd Great Edition Wars of D&D.
    oWoD Latecomer, Exalted Optimist, Scion ST, Trinity Curious

Comment

So, I guess I should assume I’m right, then? Favored approach doesn’t affect anything other than where those three dots go?

Comment

Well I don't have much to add on an official level I can say that when I was reading through the core book recently that exact point came to me as well. Honestly I like the whole 15 points put any way you want idea. So yeah I'm not really sure there's any need to decide a category that you become primarily focused on on a metal game level.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
          Well I don't have much to add on an official level I can say that when I was reading through the core book recently that exact point came to me as well. Honestly I like the whole 15 points put any way you want idea. So yeah I'm not really sure there's any need to decide a category that you become primarily focused on on a metal game level.
          Yeah. I just like to know whether I'm missing something is all.

Honestly in almost every WW/OPP game I've ever played our group usually just made a pool of the points. The categorize your abilities/attributes and put different numbers of points into each bucket was always a little arbitrary and weird to me. It's very rarely actually a game mechanic.

Comment

On the surface, I think it is just a tool to help player's visualize their character.

I thought there was some Edge that played off of it, but I think that was just my mind souping Favored Mode.

Maybe use this as something to build a custom Edge or Gift off of? Maybe give Enhancement or Scale for Favored Approach, potentially limited to certain situations.

Aside: Instead of 2e, should Favored Mode give Scale instead?

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Working...
            X