Aberrant and Mega Attributes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aberrant and Mega Attributes?

So, I know Aberrant stays pretty streamlined and non game breaking up until mega attributes and all of the auto successes. This is where things get really broken and wonky. I know this from personal experience and when Aberrant was at its hay day is was a common consensus.

Has anyone developed a house rule to help lessen this?

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson

The idea for 2e is to add scale on the tests, each scale grants 2 “successes” or multiply the effect by 5 when it’s descriptive, for example affecting 5 times more people or an area 5 times larger.

In 1e, the idea is that mega attributes are just awesome, but you can treat the Mega Dice as regular dice, and work on the enhancements as what makes the attributes really great.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
      The idea for 2e is to add scale on the tests, each scale grants 2 “successes” or multiply the effect by 5 when it’s descriptive, for example affecting 5 times more people or an area 5 times larger.

In 1e, the idea is that mega attributes are just awesome, but you can treat the Mega Dice as regular dice, and work on the enhancements as what makes the attributes really great.
      Ah ya. Speaking of 2e is there a place where all the design notes are?

I guess I should have been more specific regarding what edition. As far as 1e goes to help balance mega attributes using your suggestions and just thinking more about it (back in the day I had it all figured out when I was playing/running it).

- Mega dice as regular dice
      - enhancements as normal

How should I handle the auto successes?

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson

Comment

Don’t use auto successes, just throw the dice. If the enhancements are giving extra successes, than use as is.

About 2e, nothing official yet. They are working on the KS arts, so I guess the next month we may have the KS starting, and have some manuscript to work with.

Comment

Don’t use auto successes, just throw the dice. If the enhancements are giving extra successes, than use as is.

About 2e, nothing official yet. They are working on the KS arts, so I guess the next month we may have the KS starting, and have some manuscript to work with.
          Probably not next month. Pirates of Pugmire is the next KS, so I can’t imagine the Abby KS happening before late June or early July.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

Probably not next month. Pirates of Pugmire is the next KS, so I can’t imagine the Abby KS happening before late June or early July.
            If it's not late June, then it'll be in August; Gen Con's the first few days of August, and they don't have KSes overlapping with it.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Awesome. Thank you.

This will be a KS I'll have to do. Aberrant is very well loved. My last copy before it went missing in my last move was so well used that the pages were falling out and I had them in a binder.

Originally posted by marin View Post

If it's not late June, then it'll be in August; Gen Con's the first few days of August, and they don't have KSes overlapping with it.
              Your link is not working

Comment

Working...
              X