X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Surprise? [it's Trinity Continuum: Aberrant - You Are Not Alone]

http://theonyxpath.com/the-surprise/

Thoughts? Ideas?

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

The art makes it look very changeling the lost. But what if it's a misdirection and opp is actually doing changeling the dreaming?

Comment

I don't understand this "It's clearly Changeling the Lost" train of thought. It's the wrong shade of green, there are only vines, and the hex pattern clashes with Changeling aesthetics.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Think it's a bit early to say. The hex patterns could be Demon, or a dream. The vines could be plant based, or cords like you might find in Infrastructure. Could be spirit-related, a mage astrally projecting or Awakening, a Promethean extempore being made. Could even be a Mummy wrapped up in bonds of life and fate or a Deviant. Might be a mortal about to wake up from a bad dream.

Could even be a Scion or Trinity thing.
        Last edited by nofather; 06-13-2019, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
          But what if it's a misdirection and opp is actually doing changeling the dreaming?
          Art direction doesn’t really fit Dreaming. The monochromatic color does seem to evoke CofD art design...but if it’s a new CofD gameline, seems a bit premature to announce one now while Deviant is still nowhere near complete.

Comment

Money's on a new property all together.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
              Money's on a new property all together.
              Eh. Rich has been saying this'll lead into something a lot of people have been asking about come July. My hunch is building up to the Aberrant KS.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post

Eh. Rich has been saying this'll lead into something a lot of people have been asking about come July. My hunch is building up to the Aberrant KS.
                Yeah, that's my gut instinct too, although I have zero justification for it.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Any ideas what YANA might mean?

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                    Doer of good deeds? : D

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                      Only thing I got is "You Are Not Alone," which it decidedly is not.

Like, I'd be overjoyed if it was, but it's defintely not.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

Only thing I got is "You Are Not Alone," which it decidedly is not.

Like, I'd be overjoyed if it was, but it's defintely not.
                        Oh, I dunno... I mean, I could see it being that, but being addressed to someone who's just discovered they've become parahuman and thinks they're alone in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post

Oh, I dunno... I mean, I could see it being that, but being addressed to someone who's just discovered they've become parahuman and thinks they're alone in the world.
                          Yeah, but that specific YANA acronym is a reference to Doctor Who.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                            Yeah, but that specific YANA acronym is a reference to Doctor Who.
                            Which, to be fair, is what it immediately made me think of. But it’s definitely not that.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

So we have answers.

YANA is indeed You Are Not Alone.

Looks like this's a comic, 'cause I recognise Paul Jenkins as a comics writer. Few Doug Stanbaughs around, but there's at least one who's done rpg/comic art.

Comment

Working...
                              X