TC: Aberrant Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darksol-aeternium View Post

This makes me wonder how sustainable it is for China to ruthlessly indoctrinate their citizenry so they can keep their "secret" force of military novas since they definitely don't have infinite resources necessary to try to outbid DeVries (who seem like they'll be WAY more powerful these days). With the sheer population in China, it was a given that the would have enough loyalists to create their EHM like in 1E, but the text seems to indicate that they severely clamp down on ANY nova that erupts in their population.
    Given that in the official history, the Chinese state as we know it will be taken over from within by a Nova and redesigned into social science super-tech that no baseline can comprehend, I assume their current policies aren’t going to work out like they’re hoping.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Given that in the official history, the Chinese state as we know it will be taken over from within by a Nova and redesigned into social science super-tech that no baseline can comprehend, I assume their current policies aren’t going to work out like they’re hoping.
      What?!?!? I guess I missed this part...

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

What?!?!? I guess I missed this part...

Oh good, I'm not the only one surprised by that...

Comment

Originally posted by SpectacularTentacular View Post

Oh good, I'm not the only one surprised by that...
          *points at the 2e Aeon book*. The Bodhissatva? The super-intelligent Nova that designs the post-People’s Republic Chinese state. And baselines can’t make changes to their government because no one understands how it works - but it does, and they’re afraid the whole thing will come crashing down if they mess with it.

Comment

That’s one of the things that I erased from my mind to keep it working, now I will have to erase again. That is absolutely crazy, social super tech, a series of laws that work infinitely perfect on the Chinese society and allow the entire system to work...

I always think on technology as objects, forgetting the fact that technology is the knowledge that allow you to build the things, including the society and human interaction.

Thanks for reminding, now I need to clean it again or I will not be able to focus on my daily business for a week or so...

Comment

I actually don't have the 2e Aeon book to read...but that's pretty efficient. Color me horrified.

Moving along; I note that the Daedalus League is actually cooperating with Utopia and national governments as opposed to vehemently avoiding them. They always were one of the only consistently good orgs in 1e.

I also see we finally got over that artificial block on fusion technology.

Comment

I actually don't have the 2e Aeon book to read...but that's pretty efficient. Color me horrified.

Moving along; I note that the Daedalus League is actually cooperating with Utopia and national governments as opposed to vehemently avoiding them. They always were one of the only consistently good orgs in 1e.
                Though they had the advantage of getting a writeup late in the line, in the Aberrant Players Guide, the second-to-last book. (That said, Underworld, the last book, could have derailed them.)

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

It’s funny how the space explorers call themselves after the guy who said to his son “Don’t fly to high or you are going to die”, and the son did and died... Now I noticed how stupid you can sound in English with a few not well chosen words...

Anyway, Daedalus was the first guy who would be able to fly to space, as long he could wait until the night, but he chose not to... not very space explorer as I see.

Comment

I also see we finally got over that artificial block on fusion technology.
                    Huh? What block on fusion? Hyperfusion was a thing in 1e too.

Comment

Well, the name probably sounded impressive to them before, whereas it sounds ironic now. I notice it seems to have been started up by the Karagians rather than Cyrus Katrak. I'm guessing those two were one of the 5 who got in quickly enough to add their characters as npcs?

Comment

Well, the name probably sounded impressive to them before, whereas it sounds ironic now. I notice it seems to have been started up by the Karagians rather than Cyrus Katrak. I'm guessing those two were one of the 5 who got in quickly enough to add their characters as npcs?
                        Nope, not from the Aberrant KS; these tiers have always been for subsequent projects, not the project being backed. Waiting until after the KS is done means the backers are 'locked in', so you don't have to worry about someone dropping out during the KS.

They might come from backers on the Aeon KS, but not Aberrant.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

On Kickstarter, devs shared their notes on Aeon Society and it's history in Aberrant ( and TC in general )!
                          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-06-2019, 01:29 PM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
                            That’s one of the things that I erased from my mind to keep it working, now I will have to erase again. That is absolutely crazy, social super tech, a series of laws that work infinitely perfect on the Chinese society and allow the entire system to work...

I always think on technology as objects, forgetting the fact that technology is the knowledge that allow you to build the things, including the society and human interaction.

Thanks for reminding, now I need to clean it again or I will not be able to focus on my daily business for a week or so...

You know I never actually thought of social powers being a sort of technology on its own. That's really nifty. That's really cool. The idea that a nova could design and build a society that works amazingly well on its own and with no novas tending to it, as long as its tenets are followed and baselines don't muddle with it.

The idea of a nova-designed colony in a space station or another planet using such social tech is now a brilliant concept, one I wish to think on further.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                              On Kickstarter, devs shared https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/trinity-continuum-aberrant/posts/2558062"]their notes on Aeon Society and it's history in Aberrant[/URL] ( and TC in general )!
                              I have to admit, while I can deal with it in the specific genre context of Adventure!, how much “Guardian Ethos” is at work with the Aeon Society bugs me. Maybe I just have too much LRE in me, but the idea of rich philanthropists being the big heroes of the setting always make my eyes roll.

For the Trinity Core setting, I reskinned the Global Cartography initiative to make Aeon Society academic explorerers/researchers, who in turn provide data to their sister organizations Triton (who seek to apply the information systemically to do long term good) and Neptune (who seek to apply the information acutely to do good where it is imminently needed) - both of which are established NGOs that do get philanthropic funding, but those donors aren’t their members.

I just can’t fathom how Mercer and co are supposed to have acquired “fortunes” to fund Aeon adventuring if they weren’t plundering.

Comment

Hmmm, only Michael vanishing and Max becoming a recluse kills my preferred image of that fight near the end of WW2: Michael was trying to hijack the first nuclear test to set off N-Day in 1945, he and Max had their all out smack down in the sands of TRINITY New Mexico, until the explosion leaves nothing behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X