Aeon Allegiances

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeon Allegiances

I’m tinkering with some additional Allegiances to use in Aeon, especially for non-Psions (as Psion PCs can always just have “freelance Psion” applied if there isn’t a write up for their specific Allegiance)...

- Maquis - a loose alliance of North American cyperpunk guerillas and hacktavists against FSA tyranny.

- Mon Gens: whether a raiding warlord, or noble lawman, your only loyalty is to “your people”, whatever homestead or tribe that may be struggling in the wasteland of Western Europe

- Global News - Australian media conglomerate leads its competitors in hard hitting news and has its investigative journalists chasing stories all over Earth, Luna, and beyond (which leads to a disproportionate reliance on the Aeon Society and Legion political leverage to extract their journalists who run afoul Chinese authorities, to say NOTHING of Russia, the United Republic, or the FSA)
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 07-08-2019, 02:39 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Those three allegiances seem really cool. The Maquis obviously have Star Trek vibes and I like the idea of being freedom fighters against FSA tyranny. Actually, when I read through Aeon I was kind of disappointed that there WASN'T already such a group actively working to bring back the old USA order. So yeah this one sounds really nifty.

The post-apocalpytic nature of Western Europe makes such a group all the better, so the Maison (though I don't know the cultural connotations of the word) sound great.

An adventuring group that goes anywhere there is news in order to try and gather the truth sounds like a particular fun adventure type. Especially if, as a side effect of their travels, they find themselves constantly embroiled in adventurers in said travels.

So yeah these sound really fun as allegiance types. .

Comment

Actually I think I got my french wrong and it needs to be something like Le Foyer - since that means home, family, and hearth. Maison actually more literally means "house" which is not what I meant. Foyer can have the unit of people connotation I was looking for.

Comment

Cool. I like Foyer as well, its connotations of gathering space is a nice one. Its the entrance to a home and so to be a Foyer is to serve as the guardian of the community, the watcher of the entrance.

Being the local sheriff of a town or community is an interesting one, one that also could lead to a lot of adventure possibilities both within and without. Especially considering the PCs are the ones trusted to deal with both outsiders and internals.

As I said, fun allegiance ideas.

Comment

I could just change it to l’gens actually... or mon gens...

Comment

Working...
          X