Core Final is ready for Download

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core Final is ready for Download

For those like me, that didn't notice as were on the hype of Aberrant KS, Trinity Continuum: Core Rulebook was updated on DrivethruRPG last Wednesday (3/jul).

So, I'm noticing a problem with the final version: It's still giving me conflicting information on if you start with a Skill Trick or not. Page 45 is saying under Skill Tricks: "Characters begin the game with one Skill Trick in a Skill rated 3 or higher."

But page 37 says: "Characters do not start with Skill Tricks."

Revlid wrote:
    Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

Originally posted by Aiden View Post
      So, I'm noticing a problem with the final version: It's still giving me conflicting information on if you start with a Skill Trick or not. Page 45 is saying under Skill Tricks: "Characters begin the game with one Skill Trick in a Skill rated 3 or higher."

AEon character creation builds off what’s in Core and assumes you gain Skill Tricks (p.121 “Assign your Skill dots, and pick Skill Tricks and Specialties for any Skills with a high enough rating”), therefore I’d be inclined to go with p.45 and let the characters start with Skill Tricks.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

AEon character creation builds off what’s in Core and assumes you gain Skill Tricks (p.121 “Assign your Skill dots, and pick Skill Tricks and Specialties for any Skills with a high enough rating”), therefore I’d be inclined to go with p.45 and let the characters start with Skill Tricks.

On the flip side though, in the character creation example the sample character doesn't get a skill trick for a the skill he has at 3

Comment

hmmm my question is : how to you get access to this fabled Trinity Continum Core, it is refered to now and then, but I can't find a place to buy it.... what am I missing?

Edit : HA! Just saw the new update on the Kickstarter! Nevermind!
          Last edited by Hteph; 07-09-2019, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pgolasze13 View Post

On the flip side though, in the character creation example the sample character doesn't get a skill trick for a the skill he has at 3
            I would go for No Skill Tricks on Character Creation. It’s written on character creation chapter and that’s it.
            You can get skill trick with the extra experience, if any.

Comment

Has anyone had a chance to check out the version with video content that dropped today? Any information about the e-reader apps that it works and plays well with? (I primarily use iBooks, myself)

Comment

Originally posted by Aiden View Post

An updated version was released today.

Comment

Video content? Just got this new version and I didn’t see any video. Where is it?

Comment

I see they changed (or fixed) the skill trick issue but I see no video anywhere in the file.

I hope one does not need to be Inspired or greater to see it!

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                      I see they changed (or fixed) the skill trick issue but I see no video anywhere in the file.

I hope one does not need to be Inspired or greater to see it!
                      Page 39. I opened it in Acrobat. I had to click the object, authorize Acrobat to run the thing, then click it again. It took a few seconds to load. But yeah, there's at least one video in the big PDF. I haven't seen if there are any more.

It's another one of those floating head videos we had during the lead-up.

Edit: Found another on page 119. I'mma edit this as I find 'em. I think they might actually BE the floating head videos from the lead-up.

Page 131.

Okay, that's all I've found. If there are any more, someone with sharper eyes'll have to find 'em.

Edit: oh, and it's Aeon that has the videos, not Core.
                      Last edited by Jetstream; 07-09-2019, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Page 39 have tables
                        Page 119 have a big Text box
                        Page 131 have just some special format text in the top.

I don’t see any video, I don’t know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
                          Page 39 have tables
                          Page 119 have a big Text box
                          Page 131 have just some special format text in the top.

I don’t see any video, I don’t know.
                          https://gyazo.com/6b561fef010a64e4e503f7a8680c4716
                          https://gyazo.com/ebb32e698cea8e07c90fe71a8161cd5c

Are you sure you have the right document open? It's the 40 megabyte one, not the 19 megabyte one.

Comment

Okay, I hate to be the guy to keep pointing out problems, but this Skill Trick on page 46:

"Shoot to Injure: The character is trained to incapacitate, but not kill, his target. When the character would otherwise inflict an Injury Condition on his target with a gunshot, the player can spend a point of Momentum to immediately cause the target to be Taken Out. The target does not gain any Injury Conditions, though cannot act again in the combat."

Does anyone else think this might be a little busted? Suddenly you're taken out, from a single damaging attack. Did this get balance tested? Is there something that stops a Taken Out character from being killed?

Revlid wrote:
                            Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

https://gyazo.com/6b561fef010a64e4e503f7a8680c4716
                              https://gyazo.com/ebb32e698cea8e07c90fe71a8161cd5c

Are you sure you have the right document open? It's the 40 megabyte one, not the 19 megabyte one.
                              Sorry I was on Core...

Comment

Working...
                              X