No announcement yet.

Core Final is ready for Download

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the backer names not included in the final PDF on drive thru?

Comment

Originally posted by pgolasze13 View Post
      Are the backer names not included in the final PDF on drive thru?
      I don’t believe backer names in the book was something included in this Kickstarter.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

I don’t believe backer names in the book was something included in this Kickstarter.
        A Cntl+F for "name" on the KS page turns up nothing about backer credits, you are apparently correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

A Cntl+F for "name" on the KS page turns up nothing about backer credits, you are apparently correct.
          Again? This happened with Scion

Comment

Originally posted by werlynn View Post

Again? This happened with Scion
            No no, you don't understand. It's not missing from the book. I was searching the Kickstarter page. It's not a thing that was promised at all.

Comment

Hello all,

I was taking a look at the final PDF of the core and think I may have found an error. On page 158, under Step Six: Add Advantages, Talents now receive four Gifts at character creation - three associated with their Paths, and one that does not necessarily have to be associated with Paths. It also suggests that you must select one Gift associated with each Path, not omitting any Paths.

In the character creation example on page 159, however, it still refers to only selecting three Gifts. Additionally, the example Gifts do not seem to plausibly correspond to the example character’s three Paths (Military Brat, Detective, Neptune Foundation).

The keywords for each Path are:

Military Brat
              Attribute (Resolve)
              Skill (Integrity, Technology)

Detective
              Attribute (Cunning)
              Skill (Aim, Enigmas)

Neptune Foundation
              Skill (Command, Integrity, Persuasion)

Of the selected Gifts, the relevant keywords are Irons in the Fire (Enigmas, Technology) and Slip the Cuffs (Technology). That being the case, we can assume Irons in the Fire would be associated with Detective, and Slip the Cuffs with Military Brat.

Shot Through the Heart does not appear in the book. I don’t have the manuscript previews handy, but I assume it was renamed to Sharpshooter (p. 206), which would be linked to the Skill (Aim) keyword from Detective. That means the character currently does not have a Gift associated with the Neptune Foundation Path.

Shot Through the Heart is also still mentioned on page 141, in the stats for the example antagonist Lilly Hamburg.

Comment

Style Edge: Sniper rank 2 still states "Double the Enhancement your character would normally gain on an attack for taking the time to carefully aim."
                I still can't find anything in the book about any bonus for carefully aiming, or what the requirements for it are.

Comment

It’s proposital as far as I got. The enhancements, as well as difficulties are left for the SG to define. There is no table of weight x difficulty, for example.

Usually a character will not get more than a +5 enhancement on a test, no matter what’s the situation, but with this edge you would be able to go beyond it, a good advantage for you is better than a perfect situation for a regular person.

That’s my opinion for this, not sure if it was intentional.

Comment

For anyone else looking at this issue (I know it was mentioned several times in pre-release threads) I present the 1e rule on aim: (1e Aeon core book, pg 245)
                    "The attacker adds one die up to her total perception rating to her accuracy on on a single shot for each turn spent aiming. A scope adds two more dice to the attacker's pool in the first turn of aiming (in addition to those added for perception) The attacker may do nothing but aim during this time. Additionally, it isn't possible to aim at a target that is moving faster than a walk."

Since scopes don't appear to exist in this rule set, I would recommend 1 enhancement per action spent aiming, up to a limit of the (SG determined) appropriate attribute.
                    Suggestions:
                    (Force) Intellect for non-line of sight weapons (missiles, artillery)
                    (Finesse) Dexterity for pistols
                    (Resilience) Cunning for long range marksmanship

Open to the world I guess. Anyone have a better idea?
                    Maybe use an attribute other than the one that would already be getting rolled? Not sure...
                    Last edited by Baladain; 07-12-2019, 10:14 PM.

Comment

pg 125 Weapons table: Assault rifle has Quality instead of Quality 2
                      pg 128 All-Terrain: mentions walking vehicles which are not described in this book
                      pg 129 Vehicle table: ATV is missing the wheeled tag

Comment

Originally posted by Baladain View Post
                        pg 125 Weapons table: Assault rifle has Quality instead of Quality 2
                        pg 128 All-Terrain: mentions walking vehicles which are not described in this book
                        pg 129 Vehicle table: ATV is missing the wheeled tag
                        There will always be small errors on the final book, possibly not pointed in the errata or among the parts that were rewritten completely. I have one that I noticed on pre errata but could not point before.
                        The size of the fighter jet is 3, when it was described as an example of size 2 in another table, what make its tags total 8, what is not allowed on Core era.

Comment

Originally posted by Baladain View Post
                          For anyone else looking at this issue (I know it was mentioned several times in pre-release threads) I present the 1e rule on aim: (1e Aeon core book, pg 245)
                          "The attacker adds one die up to her total perception rating to her accuracy on on a single shot for each turn spent aiming. A scope adds two more dice to the attacker's pool in the first turn of aiming (in addition to those added for perception) The attacker may do nothing but aim during this time. Additionally, it isn't possible to aim at a target that is moving faster than a walk."

Since scopes don't appear to exist in this rule set, I would recommend 1 enhancement per action spent aiming, up to a limit of the (SG determined) appropriate attribute.
                          Suggestions:
                          (Force) Intellect for non-line of sight weapons (missiles, artillery)
                          (Finesse) Dexterity for pistols
                          (Resilience) Cunning for long range marksmanship

Open to the world I guess. Anyone have a better idea?
                          Maybe use an attribute other than the one that would already be getting rolled? Not sure...
                          I would use the aim action (using Aim + Cunning) as a attack roll but without shooting properly, than add the successes to the next attack as a enhancement, similar to the feint stunt. Using the edge, the successes would be doubled, to a max of 5 enhancements. That’s not on the rules but follow the idea of stunts and actions.

About scopes, they add another range band with no complication to the weapon, it don’t make you a better shooter, just as you in aiming further.
                          Last edited by Mateus Luz; 07-12-2019, 11:09 PM.

Comment

I read the Core cover to cover! And I have a few coments:
                            The new arts are beautiful. The art that was replaced (page 141), in my opinion is not as good as the one before, not a big change, but Francis now looks like a monster, and he is just a evil hyper intelligent octopus form another dimension... ok makes sense... it’s better now so...
                            The examples for Super Science as well as the small changes on the text gave us a much better explanation of how to create your own super science item.
                            The links on the PDF are all working, and the ones in the Gift section are SO USEFUL! It was annoying to read the options without the links.
                            There are some mistakes for sure, names that didn’t match, tags missing or too many tags in weapons and vehicles tables.

My personal opinion, the few mistakes I saw (I am not a good searcher, ask my wife) are minimum, the tags missing at obvious (Stun gun is missing the Melee tag for example) and you can work with that.

Other people can have their possible complains, but I think it’s more about not getting or not liking the way the rules work.

Missing tables, missing information and missing descriptions are not a bug, they are feature (internal giggling), it must be set by the SG according to his point of view, allow him to just think about it for a second instead of checking one of a Zillion tables in the book to check if it’s going to be 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5.

Comment

Working...
                            X