Psiads in Aberrant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psiads in Aberrant

Let's say I had my heart set on playing a Telepath \ Telekinetic in an Aberrant game and have just realized the only way to really do that is play a Psiad.... Should I just build a starter Psion to go with the starter Novas?

Should I start at a higher tier? 3 like the Novas?

Should I start with 150 xp?

Should I allow unlimited access to all Disciplines?

How would you do it?
    Last edited by yrtalien; 07-16-2019, 09:17 AM.

The rules for Psiads aren't out yet (Æon Expansion), but are known to differ from Psion's. Honestly I think you should look at the suggestion for running Talents in Aberrant from preview 2. It has some half decent ideas.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

I would build your character as a psion, but give access to all modes (you have the same number of dots in powers, but can distribute among all the modes).

You can also simulate Telepathy with mega social and Mega Cunning Mega Edges (so many megas, it IS Aberrant!)

You can also wait a few more weeks and get Aexpansion and rules for Psiads in its full glory. I hope we get the pre errata soon by the time it’s on proofing.

Comment

Gahh the Original Post title should be Psiads in Aberrant.... damn autocorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by yrtalien View Post
          Gahh the Original Post title should be Psiads in Aberrant.... damn autocorrect.
          If I recall, you can report your own post to get that fixed.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to Psiad rules coming out. I am not super a fan of Psions, mostly because of the alien manipulation of our beings to make them, so having the purer natural form of noetic users become available is brilliant to me.

Comment

Based on the third person at the epicenter of the Hammersmith blast (see Aeon setting secrets), it should be possible for Psiads to tier up to standing on par with Psion-Proxies and Novas, even if super super rare. Hopefully the AEon AExpansion will touch on it.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                Based on the third person at the epicenter of the Hammersmith blast (see Aeon setting secrets), it should be possible for Psiads to tier up to standing on par with Psion-Proxies and Novas, even if super super rare. Hopefully the AEon AExpansion will touch on it.
                Though I feel for said character and what happened to her (thankfully her future is a bit better then the 1e one) I really really like her inclusion into the whole saga. The idea that all three categories get their avatars from the Hammersmith Event is brilliant.

I also love the fact that from what we know Psiads can learn all powers, even if canon wise they are limited in QK for plot reasons. The idea that in time, and centuries of adventure, they could technically have all Aptitudes at 7 is brilliant to me. Plus, you know, they are natural, the true evolution of those with noetic abilities.

Comment

So I am thinking that Psyche of Team Tomorrow might not be a nova since her powers are or were the typical mentalist powers. She may be a Psiad on Team Tomorrow which would be very cool.

Comment

As I'm not really a super fan of removing from nova's the ability to take on mentalist powers I am totally going to keep such mentalist characters novas in my game. That and also adding back in some more mental focused abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                      As I'm not really a super fan of removing from nova's the ability to take on mentalist powers I am totally going to keep such mentalist characters novas in my game. That and also adding back in some more mental focused abilities.
                      If you ever end up making such a list of mentalist powers/edges, I'd be very interested in seeing it.

Comment

Wait I was expecting Psychic powers to be very available to Novas, but they work different from Psions. Do they really downplay Psionics for Novas so Psions keep their schtick?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                          Wait I was expecting Psychic powers to be very available to Novas, but they work different from Psions. Do they really downplay Psionics for Novas so Psions keep their schtick?
                          Yes... From the unnecessary pre/post-cog and telepathy restrictions, to the massive cost of anti-aging (60xp + Mega Stamina 5+) that Psiads get for 0-8xp... I feel that the bias to favor PSI is quite heavy within the TC writing and development team.
                          Last edited by TheSarcasticSage; 07-17-2019, 03:12 AM.

Comment

I say this started from the begining, with a refusal to include Quantum in the core.

But yeah mental powers are heavily restricted. So I figure the first set of common homebrew will fix the issue they created.

Mental powers include sensing minds, talking to minds, influencing minds, sending emotions, influencing emotions, oh and precog abilities.

My other hpise rule is that Mega-Stamina gives longevity traits naturally, no need to spend any other XP. (Living forever is a story point not a mechanic thing, mostly as games dont last centuries. Paying for this is as an extra is rediculus.)

Comment

Hmm yes this seems an artificial restriction to ensure a certain degree of territory for the Psi Splat. But if you can Warp Space and time and manipulate plants and Thermodynamics what is the reasoning Psychic Phenomina are particularly hard, outside of a meta Reasons.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
                              X