Attributes Cost for Aberrants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attributes Cost for Aberrants

Something I've noticed with all of the latest KS Previews. It a good deal harder to make a Nova with a high amount of normal attributes. Currently, they cost 10 xp per dot. Whereas a Mega- Attribute is 12 xp. That is certainly a good deal more bang for your buck.

Should attributes be cheaper? A counterargument to "yes", would be that normal attributes let you roll dice. This means with your Tier ranking, you are more likely to get a success, and thus add an enhancement to the rill.

On 1e you could make the ultimate baseline by spending your Nova Points to fill all the dots in the sheet. On the new edition, if you spend all the XP in baseline stuff, you will get a strong baseline, but still a plausible character.

Comment

Originally posted by Bioagent View Post
      Should attributes be cheaper? A counterargument to "yes", would be that normal attributes let you roll dice. This means with your Tier ranking, you are more likely to get a success, and thus add an enhancement to the rill.
      You're also just more likely to succeed. Remember, if you don't roll any successes on the dice, you can't add enhancements. So, having a good pool of dice means you're more likely to be able to use the enhancements from scale.

Comment

I think I like it, since it doesn't it make it an automatic assumption that you already have Might 5 when you get mega-might, which allows there to actually be some differentiation when scale is equal.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

I'm confused. Is the majority of comments in this thread saying that YES they think Attribute costs should be lower or NO they think Attribute costs are fine as they are. I don't know myself, I am just curious.

Comment

I think the XP costs are great the way it is.

What may be improved is the general balance of the Mega-Edges (like the usefulness of body mods).

Comment

Working...
            X