Soft Armour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Armour

So I came across this because I was trying to Investitaging how to read the Durability mega-edge.

Pg. 126 Armor, Trinity Core [Bold is for emphasis]
    The first benefit is soft armour. Typically, after a character has successfully struck another, they can automatically inflict damage by purchasing the “Inflict Damage” Stunt. Soft armour forces the attacker to spend additional successes (equal to the rating of the armour) to cause injury. All armour provides one point of Soft armour by default.
    Does this mean that Armor has a rating? What is the rating? I assume the Soft Tag adds to this.

This may be a case of a small overlooked rule.

If this is true. The rating of the armour that the Durability mega-edge gives you is your Q/2 (round up). This means you get your rating in Soft Armor, plus 3 additional Soft Armor (1 default, +2 from Soft Armour tag).

Is my thinking correct?

I guess you found the explanation, at least for the origin for the Armor rating.

Now the question is ½ quantum round up has a minimum of 1, so the soft armor is going to be 2 + Q/2 (round up) or 3 + Q/2 (round up).

I go for 2+Q/2

Comment

The Soft tag is the rating. You’ll see that all armor includes ‘Soft 1’ at least. If the number is higher, that’s the Soft rating, not that +1.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
        The Soft tag is the rating. You’ll see that all armor includes ‘Soft 1’ at least. If the number is higher, that’s the Soft rating, not that +1.
        So the Soft Armor from Durability is 2+Q/2

Comment

That appears to be how it’s written, but as I didn’t write that section I have no idea of the intent.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Working...
          X