Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafting & Equipment Questions

About crafting super-science items:

The CORE specify three categories: Advanced Science, Inspired Science, and Powered Science. How I use this categories when crafting super-science items? How this categories is applied in the exemple items (Core, pg 91)?

About starting equipments, in the CORE page 92 says: "A mundane character may have up to twice her Wealth rating in Ranks of Advanced Science items. Talents may have up to twice their Wealth rating plus their Inspiration. Their devices can be a combination of Advanced and Inspired items."

This rule apply to Psions and Novas? How I determine if an equipment is a Advanced or Inspired?

This role apply to psions and novas (theoretically), but as they are not the focus of the system it’s usual to not have the items. Treat Psi and Quantum as Inspiration to define the total.

The examples are all inspired tech.

Novas have Q-Tech (Powered) and Novatech (Inspired), and Psions have the BioWare that must be attuned (powered) and the ones that don’t need (Inspired)

Comment

As a note we haven't seen Super-Science rules as far as Novas are conserved yet, that comes (I think) in next week's update. So till then all we have is what is in the Core and Aeon and they are very specific to mundanes and psions.

​PS, Mateus Luz I totally was using Q-Tech and Novatech as synonyms for each other not realizing that one was powered and the other Inspired, lol.

Comment

My main question is how the categories (Advanced Science, Inspired Science and Powered Science) interacts with Crafter items and the scale system).

Comment

The introductory paragraphs for the Tech chapter have been sent out as the latest update.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by shadowninja View Post
            My main question is how the categories (Advanced Science, Inspired Science and Powered Science) interacts with Crafter items and the scale system).
            I don’t think we have a good answer for that, a few months ago I would say “the Advanced is treated as a higher scale, granting 2 enhancements when used for the designed end”, but now I think it’s not what it was meant.

Probably it’s more like a tier, normal is tier 0, advanced tier 1, inspired tier 2 and powered tier 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

I don’t think we have a good answer for that, a few months ago I would say “the Advanced is treated as a higher scale, granting 2 enhancements when used for the designed end”, but now I think it’s not what it was meant.

Probably it’s more like a tier, normal is tier 0, advanced tier 1, inspired tier 2 and powered tier 3.

When I asked in the Dev thread, while I didn't get a direct response to the Super-Science rule in question (Powered Science getting +3), I received confirmation that Psi-Guantlets, which are Powered-Science, don't provide scale.

Psi-Gauntlets offer Enhancement to actions, not necessarily Scale. Now if you are using one designed not for blasting people, but maybe for blasting down buildings, and then used that on a people... well that's a different story.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

I wonder if the super-science rules in Aberrant will cover things that are less physical - like social theories and such. Like that nova who built an entire new economic system for China that operates perfectly if all rules are followed but that no baseline can actually change or it will fail.

Comment

The descriptions don’t include things like social theories, but there’s no reason why you can’t use the system to build such.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                    The descriptions don’t include things like social theories, but there’s no reason why you can’t use the system to build such.
                    Interesting. And I look forward to seeing the system as is and then, maybe with some developer assistance, come up with such Nova developed theories. Mostly because while not as flashy the ability to do that is sort of brilliant, and very much in the theme of novas changing the world by their actions.

Comment

And we have a canon example of its existence, in AEon-era China.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                        I wonder if the super-science rules in Aberrant will cover things that are less physical - like social theories and such. Like that nova who built an entire new economic system for China that operates perfectly if all rules are followed but that no baseline can actually change or it will fail.
                        This one is awesome concept, beyond regular people and even geeks.

I have to tell the guy (the real world guy, not the Nova as he doesn’t exist) who comes up with such idea he is a genius. It mix the idea of social technology and the level where novas operate, the system is a series of simple commands, but the result is so complex that is far beyond human capacity.

Reminds me of an AI developed to find specific complex combination of numbers and end up bringing a sample that fit perfectly and no mathematician was able to explain why (I watch too much numberphile).

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                          And we have a canon example of its existence, in AEon-era China.
                          Exactly! Which is what is really super cool about it. hehe Its not me, as a fan, being all like "Novas can do this" rather there is a concrete example of such thing happens. An example I can go "see, look, over there, its a social theory and its nova 'powered'."

Which is why I asked if such a thing had rules written about it. (You saying that while there are no specific rules for it the fact that the system can be used for such thing is still brilliant. It also makes perfect sense, Storypath is nothing if not multifaceted).

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post

Exactly! Which is what is really super cool about it. hehe Its not me, as a fan, being all like "Novas can do this" rather there is a concrete example of such thing happens. An example I can go "see, look, over there, its a social theory and its nova 'powered'."

Which is why I asked if such a thing had rules written about it. (You saying that while there are no specific rules for it the fact that the system can be used for such thing is still brilliant. It also makes perfect sense, Storypath is nothing if not multifaceted).
                            I guess, like the Goliath idea, the system can be use for lots of things, Nova tech, social tech and maybe some other things if we have enough imagination...

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

I guess, like the Goliath idea, the system can be use for lots of things, Nova tech, social tech and maybe some other things if we have enough imagination...
                              I think the hardest part is going to be putting into play such imagination. Heck, I know I am having some problems mentally with adjusting the way my thinking is as far as Quantum Powers can be aligned to.

that's why I look forward to player driven examples, ideas, thoughts, etc. Its going to be awesome.

Especially when we start developing Nova tech stuff.

As a note, I really liked the potential of the Goliath idea. The idea that it could be used to represent novas doing widescale social and governmental changes and the biteback that such things cause.

Comment

Working...
                              X