No announcement yet.

[Aberrant] Super-Speed Defense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the Mega-Fast Punch, in the Infinite Mass Punch from flash? Can you add Speed scale on the attack?

I personally would put this as an Power Stunt, requiring one quantum point per scale at least and possibly an action or two to get far away enough and run back to hit on maximum speed. Finally, I would put a complication that would hurt the speedster when attacking unless bought off.

That’s one thing that come into my mind when I was reading again the power stunt text. It’s fascinating how we can play with it with out breaking the rules... not much at least...

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
      What about the Mega-Fast Punch, in the Infinite Mass Punch from flash? Can you add Speed scale on the attack?

I personally would put this as an Power Stunt, requiring one quantum point per scale at least and possibly an action or two to get far away enough and run back to hit on maximum speed. Finally, I would put a complication that would hurt the speedster when attacking unless bought off.

That’s one thing that come into my mind when I was reading again the power stunt text. It’s fascinating how we can play with it with out breaking the rules... not much at least...
      Power stunt works, easiest way though would be to make it a melee quantum attack with a negative tag "only while running"

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

Power stunt works, easiest way though would be to make it a melee quantum attack with a negative tag "only while running"
        Yes, much better.

The idea was more about “ok, if you want to try it, that’s what you gonna do”, once the Nova do it a few more times or want to be able to do that easily, learn the power properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

Is that basically the Rapid Strike Mega-Edge?

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post

Is that basically the Rapid Strike Mega-Edge?
            Rapid Strike is about hitting several times, my suggestion is about a super speed charge.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=By7wTrI3ZJ0

When he was running to hit it was the idea, when he is about to finish it’s the Rapid Strike.
            Last edited by Mateus Luz; 07-25-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

This is perhaps a bit clearer example of what you mean Mateus Luz

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GuHmVqgy_5U

So not the Rapid Strike but a singular hit that scales up from what the speedster is usually capable of.

Comment

Sure, but the effect of Rapid Strike is to add enhancements equal to either your Mega-Dex or Mega-Cunning for 1 quantum. Why not just re-skin it to Super Sonic Punch? Or, if since you have to have Mega-Speed as a prerequisite, add it as scale instead of enhancements?

Comment

Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post

I goofed. It is CC AND Dex for the Precise Martial Arts Edges, so there is a precedent for Edges allowing Dex to contribute to Defense.

So we have some precedent, and then there is the Mega-Edge Rapid Strike that boosts Attacks, so I think there is a case for it. But it shouldn't be Scale, or at least 1 to 1 Scale. MMight giving combat scale always on for no cost is kinda warping. Still working through how that shakes down, and also really makes me question if MStam is supposed to actually work as defensive Scale, or if that was a holdover in the MMight entry.
                  Where do the Precise Martial Arts edges let you base your defense off dexterity? I can’t find it in the Trinity Core.

Comment

It requires dexterity and add a enhancement, but don’t use dexterity properly.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

Where do the Precise Martial Arts edges let you base your defense off dexterity? I can’t find it in the Trinity Core.
                      It doesn't let you sub, just a way for Dex to contribute to defense.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Working...
                      X