Skill Point Spread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skill Point Spread

I did not realize the skill point spread and way it is figured differed from storypath to storypath setting. I have a preconceived notion that characters would figure skill points like style A in every storypath version and any difference would come in the template section.

Having read the Trinity/Aberrant skill point build I no longer have that notion. Anyone else have any feedback on this.

Roleplaying not Rollplaying or Ruleplaying
    Current Focus
    Storypath & Storypath to Run CoD, VtR, WtF, MtA
    Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition

I'm not sure what sort of feedback you're looking for.

Ian A. A. Watson
    Onyx Path Community Manager
    Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Hello Ian, I caught your live feed the other day and it was great. You guy really do a great job.

Am I correct that Scion you get skill points 3x3, 2x3, 1x3 = 16 and in Trinity/Aberrant you get 3x3 +6 =15.

Are they intended to be different or is the Trinity/Aberrant a newer version. I missed both the Scion and Trinity Kickstarter so I just received my Scion book. I caught the Aberrant Kickstarter so I'm getting caught up and comparing.

I find the Trinity/Aberrant version easier in character gen and to explain. Is there anything impacted if I used this version in Scion.

To anyone else, do you have an opinion over the differences?

I will eventually be using Storypath to run all Chronicles of Darkness splats. So I am slightly spoiled by Onyxpath/CoD having a fairly unified set of rules for character gen with differences at the templates.

Again thank you and your team for the amazing efforts you go to producing these games.

Best regards.

Current Focus

Comment

I also forgot to mention one you select three Skills per path (Scion) and four Skills per path (Trinity/Aberrant)

Current Focus

Comment

There are more than a few differences on Skills:
          Scion get 3x3 + 2x3 + 1x3 + 5 (last step in CharGen) = 23 points
          TC get 3x3 + 6 = 15

Scion have the Academics and Occult Skills
          TC have Enigmas and Humanities Skills
          Firearms = Aim
          Leadership = Command
          Subterfuge = Larceny

That’s little differences are related more to the theme than to the system itself, the Occult skill that is missing in TC (for obvious reasons), so the Academics were converted on Humanities and Enigmas (to keep the total probably).

On Paths, Scion paths are handmade for the character, while TC is more like a set of standard paths to choose.

Last but not least, Trinity have the edges and skill tricks, that Scion exchange for Knacks (and probably a few extra skill dots).

That’s the difference on Regular people between the 2 games, at leas as far as I remember.

Comment

Differences between Scion and Trinity Continuum are intentional, yes.

All the CofD games take place in the same universe. They're all part of one larger game line. So each supernatural template builds on the same core foundation.

Scion and the Trinity Continuum are two completely different universes and game lines, so you shouldn't expect they're working from the same starting point.

The closest equivalent to the CofD is a setting like the Trinity Continuum, which has novas and psions and Talents all working from the same starting point. Scion is not part of that.

Ian A. A. Watson
            Onyx Path Community Manager
            Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Working...
            X