Integrity is used for Lying???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrity is used for Lying???

So I took a look at the ye' ole Core rulebook and realized that Integrity is used to hide your emotions and intent. It even has an example about lying your way past a guard using Integrity. Whereas the very first sentence of Larceny mentions it is the skills of misdirection and deception.

I assume what they mean is the Intergirty is about emotionally lying, whereas Larceny is physical lying.

That’s the same thing I got.

Integrity is about reading, pretending and standing against emotions.
    Larceny is about hiding and secrecy, both for yourself and other objects.

Comment

hmm, was just surprised. It was counter to my long term (read - habitable) knowledge of older Story games.

Comment

Originally posted by Bioagent View Post
        hmm, was just surprised. It was counter to my long term (read - habitable) knowledge of older Story games.
        They also have a pretty extended skill list, that was turned into 16.

The Perception skill, probably the best example, became part of several skills, you use Survival to detect animals to hunt in the Wild, Integrity to detect people lying, Larceny to detect people hiding stuff. You use your training in hiding stuff to detect stuff, that’s very smart as I see.

Comment

I dislike "Subterfuge" as a skill, because it's Buy This To Be A Thief. Integrity letting you lie better is a riff off L5R - it's not so much what you say, but the conviction and sincerity with which you say it.

Neall Raemonn Price
          Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

I can totally see why the change exists. Just didn't realize there was actually a change until just the other day. It is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Neall View Post
              I dislike "Subterfuge" as a skill, because it's Buy This To Be A Thief. Integrity letting you lie better is a riff off L5R - it's not so much what you say, but the conviction and sincerity with which you say it.

Agree, dividing the “Thief” skill in 2, Integrity for Lawers and Larceny for their clients, is very interesting.

Another thing about TC is the Aim skill, while Scion uses Firearms, it clear to me that a Bow uses Aim in TC, but not what to do with it in Scion (Athletics probably), same for some powers that need to be Aimed.

Comment

Working...
              X