Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aberrant 1e Conversion

Hi everybody,

I am trying to bring the missing rules from 1e to TC, some as edges some as changes in the Nova rules. Feel free to add all you want (Vampiric Eufiber is welcome, I don't know the rules until I can read it on the Aberrant players guide, when my add ons are available).

First of all, a rule change, Transcendence don't stack on all dots of Quantum 4+, only on 5+.

Node (Nova Edge 1 - 3 dots)
    The Node background became a Nova Edge (not a Mega-Edge), that allow a Nova to extend their power even further when maxing out, gaming the rank of the Edge as an Enhancement on the Max Out roll.
    Unfortunately, this also distance the Nova from humanity, adding a dot of transcendence when the second dot of the edge is picked and another when the third dot is picked.
    Last edited by Mateus Luz; 07-26-2019, 06:14 PM.

These two options for Eufiber are from Aberrant Player’s Guide for the 1st edition.

Weaving(Nova Edge 1-5 dots, prequisite Eufiber 1+)
    Weaving is something a few particularly dedicated Novas have learned about controlling their Eufiber attire to its maximum potential. Weavers may shape their Eufiber in various ways for remerkable effects. A Weaver may use its Eufiber to form useful weapons, spines, patagia, grasping appendages and defensive camouflage. The list goes on.
    Nova rolls Weaving+Cunning to shape its Eufiber to these forms, number of successes determine the degree to which the Eufiber conforms to its host’s desires. Successes are used to give weapon tags to created weapons or give Enhancements to actions helped or made possible by the shaping.

Vampiric Eufiber (Tag that halves the cost of Eufiber Nova Edge [round down])
    Some conspiracy theorist, and not a few Weavers, have claimed that Eufiber might be somehow living if not entirely sentient. This Tag represents an Eufiber colony that has gained more of a sense of self-preservation, some claim that some Eufiber might be actually sentient though there is little proof of such so far, doing all it can to keep itself fed with Quantum energies. The Eufiber colony automatically drains Quantum points from the host Nova to keep itself at maximum Quantum. If the host Nova has no Quantum points left the Eufiber drains his very life force to feed itself, doing inflicting injuries according to the Burn Out rules.

So I’m more than interested in some feedback and opinions on these as I am far from expert when it comes to Storypath system.
    Last edited by Possessed; 07-26-2019, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
      Hi everybody,

I am trying to bring the missing rules from 1e to TC, some as edges some as changes in the Nova rules. Feel free to add all you want (Vampiric Eufiber is welcome, I don't know the rules until I can read it on the Aberrant players guide, when my add ons are available).

First of all, a rule change, Transcendence don't stack on all dots of Quantum after 4, only on 5+.

Node (Nova Edge 1 - 3 dots)
      The Node background became a Nova Edge (not a Mega-Edge), that allow a Nova to extend their power even further when maxing out, but at the cost of Transcendence dots.
      1 - The Nova gains 2 temporary dots on any power when maxing out.
      2 - The Nova gains 3 temporary dots on any power when maxing out, but also gains 1 dot of Transcendence.
      3 - The Nova gains 4 temporary dots on any power when maxing out, but also gains 2 dots of Transcendence.
      Cool, but without a way to bleed transcendence only usable a few times. Maybe more flux? Otherwise it is cheap, but too limited option for what it shoul be . Maybe allow maxing out, but always gain+ X point of flux instead, when gaining flux?

Comment

Originally posted by zorb42 View Post

Cool, but without a way to bleed transcendence only usable a few times. Maybe more flux? Otherwise it is cheap, but too limited option for what it shoul be . Maybe allow maxing out, but always gain+ X point of flux instead, when gaining flux?
        Rewritten, now you can spend 1 flux and gain enhancements on the roll, easier to explain.

About Flux, probably should just take away to Flux from botches. One Flux only when Maxing Out is not much, you can play low quantum for a month and bleed much more than that.

Comment

At this point, no method to bleed Transcendence, there really should not be effects that just add Transcendence. Even the original Node background only gave Permanent Taint once when you bought it and only on the highest levels. I originally read your version the same way, you gain 1 Transcendence when you buy the Node at level 2 or 2 Transcendence at level 3 and thought that it was too costly to ever buy but if it adds to your Transcendence each time you use it... well it becomes so costly that I had to reread your text a couple of times and my brain still refused to ”get it” since it is so ridiculously costly.

Of course if we are bringing back elements of 1st ed adding a method to loose Transcendence into Chrysalis would perhaps make this slightly more feasible, even if still ridiculously costly, thing.

Personally I had been pondering if anything would break if Transcendence could be bought off during Chrysalis with same exp prices as Quantum is bought. That is rising yourself of one Transcendence point cost 16xp if your Transcendence is 1-5 and 36xp if it has already risen to 6-9.

Edit:
          Alternatively the xp cost could be reversed with it being 16xp to rid yourself of Transcendence at 6-9 and 36xp at 1-5 making it slightly easier to manage the high end of the Transcendence, but also make Chrysalis last longer like it does at those scores, and harder to rid yourself of it completely.

Edit 2:
          Naturally buying off the Transcendence would not remove transformations already gained nor other penalties associated with Transcendence, the only real function of it is to keep a character playable. Chrysalis as written can already be used to keep one sane after all, you can switch transformations including a mental one into a physical one like in the first edition.
          Last edited by Possessed; 07-30-2019, 03:45 AM.

Comment

I wrote it all wrong, the idea is getting a dot of transcendence when you buy the edge, not when use it! Sorry!
            Last edited by Mateus Luz; 07-26-2019, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I written it all wrong, the idea is getting a dot of transcendence when you buy the edge, not when use it! Sorry!
              Ah, that makes a lot more sense then. 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Possessed View Post
                The Eufiber colony automatically drains Quantum points from the host Nova to keep itself at maximum Quantum. If the host Nova has no Quantum points left the Eufiber drains his very life force to feed itself, causing Injury Qualities 1-2 point Eufiber causes 1 Injury condition, 3-4 point causes 2 Injury conditions and 5 point Eufiber causes 3 injuries.
                Using the Burn Out rules, a Nova would receive a Injurie for every 2 Quantum beyond 0, so if the Vampiric Eufiber drain 5 quantum, it would cause 2 injuries to the Nova, for example.

Comment

Using the Burn Out rules, a Nova would receive a Injurie for every 2 Quantum beyond 0, so if the Vampiric Eufiber drain 5 quantum, it would cause 2 injuries to the Nova, for example.
                  Duh... I forgot the new Burn Out rules...

Yeah... the Vampiric Eufiber should definately use those rules since they exist and fit nicely.

Edit:
                  Edited the original post so that Vampiric Eufiber uses Burn Out rules.
                  Last edited by Possessed; 07-26-2019, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Something I made. While technically a new thing, it builds off the idea of Chrysalis.

New Enhanced Edge

Transhuman Archetype
                    Prerequisite: Chrysalis

You have been indoctrinated in not only the ways of Teras, but the subtleties of the Archetypes within its philosophy. Based on which Favored Approach you possess determines which Archetype you belong to and which benefits you receive. Those of that favour “Force” become Marvels and they are the Terents that truly think of themselves as living divinities. Those that utilize “Finesse” are Portents of the future. They see into the universe and unravel its secrets. Finally, there are those that rely on their “Resilience” and are labelled as Monsters. They cast off their human limitations to dictate their own development.

When the character enters Chrysalis they gain the ability to remove dots of Transcendence at the cost of 10XP per dot. However, the character’s Transformations gained from those dots of Transcendence stay a part of the character. If they regain that point of Transcendence again they gain another Transformation, as normal. For every dot of Transcendence removed the character’s Chrysalis extends by a number of weeks equal to the level of Transcendence dot removed. Example, if the 6th dot of Transcendence is absolved then their Chrysalis last for an additional 6 weeks. No matter the character’s current rating in Transcendence, their increased difficulty for forming a bond is determined by utilizing the highest level of Transcendence the Teret has ever possessed.

Additionally, based on their Archetype, the Terent can purchase levels in Mega-Attributes and Mega-Edges associated with their Favored Approach Attributes at half the normal cost without gaining a dot of Transcendence. These discounted powers cannot be discounted any further. The character is limited to one additional dot in for each of their favoured approaches' Mega-Attribute or one Mega-Edge per instance of Chrysalis. This stacks with the quantum trait limitation found within Chrysalis. Each Mega-Attribute or Mega-Edge purchased extends their Chrysalis by one week.

Drawback: Once this edge is acquired the tenant pays double the normal experience point cost (30 xp) to change their Favored Approach.
                    Last edited by Bioagent; 07-31-2019, 08:31 AM.

Comment

I am working on the Teragen book Powers. My idea is adding tags to powers to make them capable of reaching the desired effects.

Morph can be used to create Chimeric Aberration (and Aberration Transfer with the Imbue tag) and Quantum Forgery (at least the part of changing the Quantum signature)
                      Quantum Imprint can be used to create Quantum Forgery (the part of copying quantum signature and becoming immune to the target power)
                      Quantum Leech can be used to create Disimmunize

Morph
                      Morph has the following additional special power tags:
                      Transformation Chimera (1): The user can change any of his physical Transformations. While it’s basic use is to add unnatural effects, like shining eyes, hair made of smoke or fire, it’s possible to use this power tag to change existing transformations into others. Morphing a low level transformation requires 2 successes, a mid level transformation 3 successes and a high level transformation 4 successes, 1 more success to transform one existent transformation into another of same level or higher, 2 more if changing the existent into a lower level transformation. Only physical transformations can be morphed this way.
                      Quantum Morph (3): The Nova can change his own Quantum signature, what makes Novas with the Mega Edge detect different characteristics when reading the signature. Morphing Quantum signature require 1 success for minor changes (altering a power) or 2 successes for major changes (change Quantum value). The successes used this way only be affect the Quantum signature, not the physical appearance, so only Novas with Quantum Sense will identify the Signature change.

Quantum Imprint
                      Quantum Imprint has the following additional special power tags:
                      Imprint Transformation (3): The user can imprint the target transformation as well as powers. Each transformation is treated as a power, low level as 2 dots, mid level as 3 dots and high level as 4 dots.
                      Imprint Signature (3): The Nova can copy the target Quantum signature, becoming immune to their powers. Imprinting Quantum signature is treated as 4 dots of power.

Quantum Leech
                      Quantum Leech has the following additional special power tags:
                      Leech Signature (2): The Nova can leech the target Quantum signature, breaching the target immunity to their own powers. The target lose his immunity to his own powers, and any use of power that would somehow hurt a normal person (for example a Quantum aura or throwing bolts of fire) will cause an injury condition in the Nova. Leeching the Quantum Signature is equivalent to leeching 5 Quantum points in a single attack, but supply the user with no Quantum points.
                      Last edited by Mateus Luz; 08-09-2019, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Made a few changes in the Teragen Powers in the last few days, and so I changed the original post. Basically removed the idea of a single power to give powers to others, now you just add Bestow or Imbue to each power (as intended by the devs).

Comment

Working...
                        X