Trinity core weapon cost question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity core weapon cost question

Just re-reading the weapon creation rules for creating some cool core tech weapon for aberrant and I found that for each dot of wealth you can add a tag to a weapon, so according to this rule an assault rifle would cost five dots, the same as a jet aircraft in the core book, so I looked at the gear section in the Aeon book and found that weapons cost fluctuate from one to tree dots even if they have many more tags, so what rules I follow? I missed something reading the weapon chapter in the core book?

The cost of the weapon in Core is Tags -1. The exact wording I don't have now, but its more like, "all weapons have one tag and another can be added for each dot in wealth", its described on weapon tags initial text, if not wrong.
    For Aeon the cost is different, it's tags - 4. Its written more like "you can build a weapon with 4 + Wealth dots tags", but you got the idea. This info is rather on the cost description or in the tag description in Aeon, not sure.

Just to add a few more related details that may past while reading (it happened to me a few times):
    Armors can have Wealth dots tags in Core and 5 + Wealth dots tags in Aeon.
    Vehicles can have Wealth dots tags (minimum equal to size) in Core and Wealth +1 (again minimum equal to size, minimum cost of 4 for Starships) in Aeon.

For Aberrant specifically it is not written anywhere, as the technology chapter focus on Super-Science, but I would go for the same as Core, as the tech is showing up but its still not cheap.
    Last edited by Mateus Luz; 07-29-2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification and quick reply, I still think that weapons in the core are still pricey, but your explanation make sense, I really hope that equipment in Aberrant will be expanded in a future technology sourcebook. Speaking of that iirc something about that and about cybernetic implants was mentioned is some podcast. I think an expanded view on the tech of the Aberrant era (and the social changes it will entails) would be awesome.
      Last edited by Starkiller; 07-29-2019, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I was expecting more about regular tech in aberrant, at least some info about how the costs have changed with the new technology available. But I guess we will have to wait for a future supplement.

For now we can build cybernetics using the rules for Super-Science, just pick Gifts or Edges that fit the idea of the Equipment and add the Networked flaw, possibly the Worn tag.

Comment

Originally posted by Starkiller View Post
          Thanks for the clarification and quick reply, I still think that weapons in the core are still pricey, but your explanation make sense, I really hope that equipment in Aberrant will be expanded in a future technology sourcebook. Speaking of that iirc something about that and about cybernetic implants was mentioned is some podcast. I think an expanded view on the tech of the Aberrant era (and the social changes it will entails) would be awesome.

There is a supplement for Aeon coming out that, if I recall correctly, will have some expanded rules for hardtech implants as well as more Biotech. There is also a planned book (after Adventure! most likely) that takes place in between Aberrant and Aeon with lots of cybertech and whatnot.

Also re:costs, you don't always have to personally bankroll your equipment. Paths can give you access to equipment you couldn't afford yourself.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post

There is a supplement for Aeon coming out that, if I recall correctly, will have some expanded rules for hardtech implants as well as more Biotech. There is also a planned book (after Adventure! most likely) that takes place in between Aberrant and Aeon with lots of cybertech and whatnot.

Also re:costs, you don't always have to personally bankroll your equipment. Paths can give you access to equipment you couldn't afford yourself.
            It's this stuff

Æon Æxpansion: A PDF supplement for the Trinity Continuum: Æon setting. The Æon Æxpansion will contain sections which will be added to this PDF supplement via Stretch Goals, as detailed below. The supplement currently contains sections on:
            • VARGS (large battlesuits) and VARG rules
            • Additional Aberrants and Aberrant Cults
            • New Noetic Biotech
            • New Cyberware and New Espionage-Related Hardtech
            • Using psions in the modern day with the Trinity Continuum Core book
            • New Weapons and Armor
            • Nihonjin Superiors
            • Essay on life and technology in 2123
            • Psiads (characters with psi powers who are not artificially created, and tend to be less powerful but more flexible than traditional psions)

Comment

Working...
            X