Mega-Dexterity and combat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega-Dexterity and combat

So there is the Mega Edge Accuracy which grants Enhancements equal to rating to attacks using Dexterity + Aim.

However, Mega-Dex states tou gain Dramatic Scale when "performing a Dexterity task faster than or against an opponent".

Would not shooting someone, or even a fencing duel using Close Combat + Dexterity count as "performing a dexterity task against an opponent?"

I would say so. You also, if my memory serves, you can shoot someone even if they are Close to you.

So in short, you are asking if that Mega-Edge and Mega-Dexterity stack with each other?

Comment

Originally posted by Bioagent View Post
      I would say so. You also, if my memory serves, you can shoot someone even if they are Close to you.

So in short, you are asking if that Mega-Edge and Mega-Dexterity stack with each other?
      Yes and no. If they do, it makes Accuracy mostly of use for ranged focused combatants as you get a stronger bonus from pure Mega-Dexterity but also it gives the Accurate nova an edge over an equally dextrous opponent.

Comment

I don’t think it apply to attacks. Of course attacking is about precision and speed, but Mega-Dexterity advantage is more about long activities than moving fast. Watch those videos of people doing their jobs very fast, like cooking biscuits, piling up bricks and things like that, but now imagine they can pick and throw with both hands without needing to look for longer than a blink, maybe using multiple tools in the same hand or something like that. That’s Mega Dexterity.

Quickness’s is about moving really fast to do things. If the MDex guy can use multiple tools in one hand, the Quickness guy can use multiple tools because he drop one, use others and pick the first again before it hit the ground. Throwing lots of bricks across a room just to pick and pile them in the other side without let them fall.

Accuracy is about attacking a moving target at distance with wind and gravity in the way. You must avoid all the difficulties while pointing, compensating everything, even things you can’t predict. It apply to any attack using ranged weapons even at close range (you can hit a deadlier spot or make it ricochet in the bones to cause more damage)

For melee combat there is Rapid Strike, it can be be multiple attacks, but it can also be a precision attack that hit the spot to maximum damage, or an attack that hit so fast that cause more damage than usual, like a hand at the speed of a bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by tragedyjones View Post
          However, Mega-Dex states tou gain Dramatic Scale when "performing a Dexterity task faster than or against an opponent".

Would not shooting someone, or even a fencing duel using Close Combat + Dexterity count as "performing a dexterity task against an opponent?"
          I think this is referring to actual opposed rolls.

Combat is a static roll (for the most part)

Comment

Originally posted by quilligoth View Post

I think this is referring to actual opposed rolls.

Combat is a static roll (for the most part)
            Good catch. Even when someone rolls defense they use it to buy stunts which boost their static value.

I still hope we get some guidance on if/when speed scale applies to offense/defense.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

From a system point of view, defense is rolled with a resistance stat. Defense is never determined mechanically by trying to do something quicker than the attacker. It might be having the mental wherewithal to dive for cover, but it could just as easily be holding your ground until your attacker commits to an attack and then dodging it. So, I'd rule the benefits of Mega-Dex do not apply directly to attack and defense. Now, that said, I see fertile ground for mega-edges which use Mega-Dex or Mega-Cunning as prerequisites which might allow you to spend Quantum to apply enhancements to attack or defense rolls due to physical or mental speed.

Comment

Mega-Dodging, perhaps, like Spider-man?

Comment

Originally posted by muon View Post
                  Mega-Dodging, perhaps, like Spider-man?
                  As far as we know it, Mega-Speed is the way to create a Spider-Man. But, if they would put a Mega Edge for that, it would be based on Cunning and not on Dexterity.

Comment

Working...
                  X