Super Beauty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Beauty

Maybe I haven't read the previews well enough but with Appearance no longer an attribute how do they do Super Beauty and Super Ugly?

With characters like Wonder Woman and Mary Marvel superhuman beauty is a genre convention. So how does your PC do super beauty or super ugly?

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
    Maybe I haven't read the previews well enough but with Appearance no longer an attribute how do they do Super Beauty and Super Ugly?

With characters like Wonder Woman and Mary Marvel superhuman beauty is a genre convention. So how does your PC do super beauty or super ugly?
    It’s basically Presence now, so most of the Mega-Appearance enhancements are now Mega Edges related to Mega -Presence.

Being beautiful or ugly is now more about how you deal with it and less about numbers. Even the Striking edge just say you are remarkable, possibly good or bad appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post

Wonder Woman has no superhuman abilities arising from her incredible beauty. Buying the full point value of Striking covers that. More than that comes from Mega-Presence.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Yeah, basically you describe your character as really pretty. Mechanically, all you really need is the Striking Edge.

If you want to go into the Mega-Edges, the ones related to manipulating people are: Compelling Presence, Hypnotic Presence, Immediate Connection, Instant Influence, and Mass Influence. I tend to think of beauty as a "reflexive, always on" sort of deal, so I'd probably grab Instant Influence (to make people reflexively like me) to represent my Super Human Beauty. However, if you can use your beauty offensively, I'd grab Compelling Presence. Immediate Connection is "eyes meeting across a crowded room" which doesn't really relate to beauty (to me) and Hypnotic Presence is explicitly "cinematic hypnotism" which doesn't really relate either.

I could also imagine a version of Instant Influence that let you reflexively shift the atmosphere but that might be too powerful when combined with Mass Influence.

You might also want to pick up Telepresence, since your beauty should probably count over the airwaves.

Comment

Working...
        X