Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

​Why doesn't Mega-Stamina give extra health levels?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​Why doesn't Mega-Stamina give extra health levels?

With three dots of Stamina, a character gains an additional Injured level and at five dots of Stamina she gains an additional Bruised level.
    In first edition Aberrant Mega-Stamina gave extra health levels, in this edition regular stamina now gives extra health levels, why doesn't Mega-Stamina now give extra health levels?

I believe that bit wasn't quite included in the manuscript but I -thought- I remembered someone saying it was meant to work that way.

Comment

Plenty of things like this are present in the Mega-Edges. You buy Mega-Stamina, and then use it as a pre-requisite for Dense Flesh, which gives you more health.

Having both would be kinda ridiculous in the "combat is going to take forever" sort of way. As well, how Scale interacts with dealing damage by default already means that having a defensive Scale like Mega-Stamina to counter damage Scale is already a huge reduction in the attacker's damage potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
        Plenty of things like this are present in the Mega-Edges. You buy Mega-Stamina, and then use it as a pre-requisite for Dense Flesh, which gives you more health. Having both would be kinda ridiculous in the "combat is going to take forever" sort of way.
        I'd probably just fold Dense Flesh into Mega-Stamina. And maybe Durability to prevent the armoured egg-shell problem.

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
        As well, how Scale interacts with dealing damage by default already means that having a defensive Scale like Mega-Stamina to counter damage Scale is already a huge reduction in the attacker's damage potential.
        I thought mega stamina didn't help against damage?
        http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...ity-and-combat

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
        Mega Stamina don’t apply to resisting damage, only poison, disease and what was listed. The reference in MMight saying it’s resisted by the stamina is a mistake, so the Paragon punching the brick would apply full scale (and would be overwhelming).

The mega edge Durability apply both the armor and the scale to the durability.

The rest is correct as far as I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by NineDaysDead View Post
          I'd probably just fold Dense Flesh into Mega-Stamina. And maybe Durability to prevent the armoured egg-shell problem.
          Is there a particular reason you feel this is necessary? Storypath as a base system isn't exactly super-lethal in the first place. This seems like it's just going to turn combat into a slog instead of anything else.

Also I think you have the armored egg-shell problem backwards here. Dense Flesh increases how many injuries you can take (aka you aren't an egg-shell with it), while Durability provides armor.

I thought mega stamina didn't help against damage?
          We might need to wait and see on the final version. Mega-Stamina doesn't help against direct damage via Mega-Might, but it does work against indirect damage (which I feel would protect you against some of the Mega-Might based Mega-Edge attacks).

Comment

Its slightly backwards but this is from the Mega-Might blurb inside the manuscript.

The nova receives the benefit of Dramatic Scale when inflicting damage through sheer
            Might: 2 Enhancement per difference between the nova’s Mega-Might Scale and the target’s
            defensive Scale, such as Mega-Stamina or Durability. So a Mega-Might 4 (Scale 5) nova striking
            a Scale 1 target gains 8 Enhancement for inflicting damage.

The up-take is I think Mega-Stamina wasn't quite "finished" yet as it might have effects that weren't listed (or perhaps this passage is incorrect).

Comment

Indeed, Danielle was the one pointing it out in the forum. In fact the 1e Mega Attributes were much more powerful than TC and that’s a good thing as I see.

I mean, you can be resistant to diseases and poison, but not a tough guy, and that’s what the new Mega Stamina means. To be resistant to damage you can be extra resistant (Durability) or be able to fight even after be beaten up hard (Dense Flesh). Same for Mega Dexterity not applying to Defense for example.
              Last edited by Mateus Luz; 08-28-2019, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rexford View Post
                Its slightly backwards but this is from the Mega-Might blurb inside the manuscript.

The nova receives the benefit of Dramatic Scale when inflicting damage through sheer
                Might: 2 Enhancement per difference between the nova’s Mega-Might Scale and the target’s
                defensive Scale, such as Mega-Stamina or Durability. So a Mega-Might 4 (Scale 5) nova striking
                a Scale 1 target gains 8 Enhancement for inflicting damage.

The up-take is I think Mega-Stamina wasn't quite "finished" yet as it might have effects that weren't listed (or perhaps this passage is incorrect).

Danielle confirmed the opposite, that the Mega-Might text was out of date.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...25#post1326825

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

I corrected my previous post... ignore this one...

Comment

Based on my initial read of the text, I felt that most Mega Attributes didn't much at all for the cost you pay for them. How often does one inflict disease and poison on players in a 'modern' game like Aberrant?

Comment

It also accelerate the healing and give enhancements against environmental and indirect damage. That’s one thing that is useful on general situations a Nova can face.

Comment

Toxins and poisons are really common as weapons supervillians use in inspiration material for Aberrant. I don't think it should be considered unexpected to run up against someone like Poison Ivy as a foe.

Comment

Aberrant really isn't a game of supervillains and superheroes though it is a game of superpowers. While I wouldn't consider, poisons and diseases unexpected, hitting PC's with them is hardly common. I guess I as a player expect a little more bang for my buck when I pay 12 XP for something like Mega Stamina 1. 12 XP in terms of this game is significant. Though maybe I am spoiled by playing (and running) 1st edition as I did for so long.

Comment

Diseases and poisons are really rare, but environmental damage and indirect damage no, and Mega Sta grants enhancements on that. So you have 1 enhancement against the aura of fire damage, against radiation, against attic cold and vacuum, etc. Those are more common on Aberrant, for example as a Elite you may need to face an enemy that set fire on the jungle, or the site of a nuclear bomb explosion, or fight enemies on the upper atmosphere (cold and little air).

Comment

Working...
                            X