No announcement yet.

Enhancement Limits, Mixed Actions and Defense Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I asked something about enhancements several months ago and the answer was along the lines of dividing the enhancements among the actions and it didn't require tracking that enhancement A came from object x and enhancement B came from situation y. You just divide them up. I guess that could lead to some cheese where you have to make a difficult jump with a low die pool so you throw in shooting at an enemy so you can score the enhancement from your gun even though you don't even expect enough successes to hit and you're just trying to game the gun enhancement for your jump. That's bad.

Comment

Originally posted by werlynn View Post
      I guess that could lead to some cheese where you have to make a difficult jump with a low die pool so you throw in shooting at an enemy so you can score the enhancement from your gun even though you don't even expect enough successes to hit and you're just trying to game the gun enhancement for your jump. That's bad.
      That’s why you must save the enhancements to the actions they apply and allow the distribution of successes only from the generic enhancements and proper dice roll successes.

Comment

I guess that could lead to some cheese where you have to make a difficult jump with a low die pool so you throw in shooting at an enemy so you can score the enhancement from your gun even though you don't even expect enough successes to hit and you're just trying to game the gun enhancement for your jump. That's bad.
        But part of me likes the action movie feel of that. I know that breaks the verisimilitude of the game for some people, but I find that kind of thing fun. I say that as a GM, because I generally run the more cinematic games in our group.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

Edit: Also, when you are attacking multiple trivial targets, you use the Take Out stunt multiple times limited by the roll result + enhancements, and don’t get multiple enhancements from the weapons.
          What is the “take out stunt?” I don’t see it on any of the attack actions in chapter 4.

Comment

What is the “take out stunt?” I don’t see it on any of the attack actions in chapter 4.
            I was quite sure there was one, but it is not there, maybe was removed maybe I confused. The idea is you can hit multiple trivial targets in a single attack, taking each of them out with a single success.

Edit: the stunt is no more, but the rules stay on Core page 140, when dealing with a group of minor characters (mob)
            “When attacking members of a mob, the player only has to beat the Difficulty once, and can spend successes to buy the Inflict Injury Stunt multiple times to inflict Taken Out on the various members of the mob.”
            Last edited by Mateus Luz; 09-10-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Taken Out is a status, not a stunt.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                Taken Out is a status, not a stunt.
                I know, but I had in mind there was a Take Out Stunt to take out trivial characters. I was probably wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X