Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Homebrew Talent Gifts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any Homebrew Talent Gifts?

    As the title asks, so are there any homebrew Talent Gifts circulating around the interwebs?

    I was going through the core book again and I got to the Talent powers section and as I read through them I realized I LOVE that sort of power system. Especially when one considers that they are Luck, Attribute, and Skill based. Which led me to thinking if anyone else had any other powers they created.

    PS. I can't wait for my physical copies of the Trinity Core and Aeon books to arrive. I really want to read over the rules in more detail in the way that involves holding them in my hands.

  • #2
    From my Wuxia suplement

    Bullet Time
    Keywords: Momentary, Skill (Close Combat)
    Prerequisites: Close Combat 3 and Precise Martial Arts 3
    Time flows for everyone, but the character can notice and react so fast the time seams to stop.
    System: Spend an Inspiration to gain your Intuitive Facet as a enhancement on all physical actions that rely on speed, when doing mixed actions and on her defence until receive Focus again. The character can do her cunning attribute dots plus her Intuitive Facet actions in a single round.

    Light Steps
    Keywords: Momentary, Skill (Athletics)
    Prerequisites: Athletics 3 and Free Running 3
    People train to be able to jump higher, run faster and balance with grace, the character have an advantage over them, she can become lighter.
    System: Spend an Inspiration when your character is about to do a Athletic feat that can take advantage of a lighter body, gaining 1 Scale on any Athletics skill test that takes advantage of a light weight for the rest of the scene, including jumping, climbing and running. As long not carrying any object or creature size 0 or larger, the character weighs as little as a size 0 object, able to balance on surfaces and objects that would not be able to hold her weight, and can even step on water as long it don’t last for more than a moment, enough to run over water and even jump from its surface but not to stand on it.

    Comment


    • #3
      I’ve got 12 currently, but i’m saving them for a Nexus supplement.

      Minor clue: my favorite is one that the characters on both Leverage and Person of Interest use ALL THE TIME but the rules don’t currently support

      Edit: actually that’s my favorite complex one. My favorite simple one is the one that’s iconically Giles’ go to combat strategy on Buffy
      Last edited by glamourweaver; 09-10-2019, 01:59 PM.


      Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
        I’ve got 12 currently, but i’m saving them for a Nexus supplement.

        Minor clue: my favorite is one that the characters on both Leverage and Person of Interest use ALL THE TIME but the rules don’t currently support

        Edit: actually that’s my favorite complex one. My favorite simple one is the one that’s iconically Giles’ go to combat strategy on Buffy

        But Glamourweaverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr why must we wait???????

        Can I whine a bit to get you to post some of them. Not all of course but some. hehe

        Honestly though the idea that the fandom will create suplements with Gifts and such is awesome. I look forward to the point where hopefully the fandom creates just as many 2e fan projects as they did for 1e.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LordHeru View Post


          But Glamourweaverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr why must we wait???????

          Can I whine a bit to get you to post some of them. Not all of course but some. hehe

          Honestly though the idea that the fandom will create suplements with Gifts and such is awesome. I look forward to the point where hopefully the fandom creates just as many 2e fan projects as they did for 1e.
          I hope the Nexus ends up supporting diverse fan projects. If it’s as restrictive as what they’ll support for Scion we won’t be able to explore the Continuum like we should with diverse settings.


          Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
            From my Wuxia suplement

            Bullet Time
            Keywords: Momentary, Skill (Close Combat)
            Prerequisites: Close Combat 3 and Precise Martial Arts 3
            Time flows for everyone, but the character can notice and react so fast the time seams to stop.
            System: Spend an Inspiration to gain your Intuitive Facet as a enhancement on all physical actions that rely on speed, when doing mixed actions and on her defence until receive Focus again. The character can do her cunning attribute dots plus her Intuitive Facet actions in a single round.

            Light Steps
            Keywords: Momentary, Skill (Athletics)
            Prerequisites: Athletics 3 and Free Running 3
            People train to be able to jump higher, run faster and balance with grace, the character have an advantage over them, she can become lighter.
            System: Spend an Inspiration when your character is about to do a Athletic feat that can take advantage of a lighter body, gaining 1 Scale on any Athletics skill test that takes advantage of a light weight for the rest of the scene, including jumping, climbing and running. As long not carrying any object or creature size 0 or larger, the character weighs as little as a size 0 object, able to balance on surfaces and objects that would not be able to hold her weight, and can even step on water as long it don’t last for more than a moment, enough to run over water and even jump from its surface but not to stand on it.
            First, sorry for not responding earlier. These are really cool Gifts. I like how they seem to be a step beyond the others - a bit more 'mystical' in power. Which I honestly like and find fun.

            On the first, I like how it rises as one's Facet rating goes up. That means using it early on and using it later after a number of adventures will lead to a different result.

            On Light Steps a part of me would like the idea of having it be spend an Inspiration and gain +1 Scale for the whole session, but honestly I like the idea of Talents getting power boosts. hehe

            Cool Gifts, nice additions.

            -------
            Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

            I hope the Nexus ends up supporting diverse fan projects. If it’s as restrictive as what they’ll support for Scion we won’t be able to explore the Continuum like we should with diverse settings.
            I do too. I hope that they go with the whole Continuum aspects to allow for variants that wouldn't be possible in normal worlds but might work in a variant world.

            I hope fan projects are supported as they were pretty awesome in the previous version.

            Comment

            Working...
            X