Slow aging opinion poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow aging opinion poll

Suppose we have an elderly person who erupts and becomes a nova.
    They are, let's say, 90 when they erupt. We'll assume that if they'd stayed a baseline they would have lived to 100.
    Those are our assumptions.

Now they're a Nova, and they've taken enough dots in Slow Aging that their life expectancy is doubled.

Do they have 20 years to live (they were 90, they were going to live to 100, that's ten years, double it)

OR

Do they have 110 years (they were going to live to 100, double life span they live to 200)

Thoughts?

My vote is #2 (110 years left)

Comment

#2 As well. If their life expectancy was 100, that's what gets doubled if you double life expectancy.

Comment

“Divide the rate at which the nova ages by their dots in this Edge.”

So 20 years

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Bleh. Yeah, what Mateus said, since Slow Aging isn't based off life expectancy (though man I hope it gets revised before the final).

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
            Bleh. Yeah, what Mateus said, since Slow Aging isn't based off life expectancy (though man I hope it gets revised before the final).
            (Ideally into a form that’s either the free default state of all Novas or tied to a trait that provides some other benefit, instead of a useless character point sink that provides no mechanical benefit in-game)

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

My answer is honestly C - with C being "due to the Nova state there is no way to adequately predict her life expectancy, as for all we know Novas live forever or nearly so bearing injury."

I say this as I am a huge fan of NOT requiring Experience to be spent on something as nebulous as "life expectancy" when most games last less than a year let alone decades or centuries and so any points spent on such things is wasted potential. So I say a dot in Mega-Stamina or a dot in an applicable Mega-Edge and questions of aging become fluff.

Comment

Based on history it's choice D;

There was a sample character called Kimberly Dame in the 1st edition's Aberrant pamphlet who erupted at the ripe old age of 102. Her eruption turned back the clock physically and left her in the body of a young adult (mid 20s by her picture's reckoning). Apparently she now just gets to live out a full nova lifespan on top of what she already had as a baseline, so you could say that this issue has already been tackled.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                  I say this as I am a huge fan of NOT requiring Experience to be spent on something as nebulous as "life expectancy" when most games last less than a year let alone decades or centuries and so any points spent on such things is wasted potential. So I say a dot in Mega-Stamina or a dot in an applicable Mega-Edge and questions of aging become fluff.
                  Technically it's just on aging, not life expectancy. If even all Novas are theoretically immortal, Slow Aging would technically mean the difference between being 25 forever, or being 700 and having some issues.

Still a pointless sink unless it turns into an air breathing mermaid problem where we haven to put in old age penalties for Slow Aging to let you ignore; but that's just trading one problem for another.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                    Totally agree.

Might have an "ageless" that' senders you immune to magic aging. And you get the narrative flavour, which is nice.
                    Apart from that', this is useless from a gaming point of view.

Comment

Working...
                    X