Bhurano as a Psiad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bhurano as a Psiad

How would S.K. Bhurano appear as a psiad in the 'modern day' setting? Meaning, before her noetic beacon and her development of Quantakinesis.

The book mentions she had longevity and healing, so I'd say she at least had Vitakinesis as a primary Aptitude, but what else? I'm rough stating her for a home brew campaign, and want to get a sense of where to start.

I would stay her around 200 XP, primary on Vitakinesis and Electrokinesis.

Personally I would give her some Technokinesis Powers to help her on her research and as a kind of kickstart for the energetics from her future QK, and on VK I would focus on Augendis also to keep her above average in basically every situation.

Comment

Originally posted by ForgeEternal View Post
      How would S.K. Bhurano appear as a psiad in the 'modern day' setting? Meaning, before her noetic beacon and her development of Quantakinesis.

The book mentions she had longevity and healing, so I'd say she at least had Vitakinesis as a primary Aptitude, but what else? I'm rough stating her for a home brew campaign, and want to get a sense of where to start.
      Vitakinesis and Electrokinesis as her primary focusing on Noetic research. For modern day TC i’d go Psi 5, for Aberrant i’d go Psi 6.

No Favored Aptitude or Strong Mode. She gets those in Quantakinesis and Fundamentals in 2104.

Dots in all Aptitudes (except Quant) but not necessarily all Modes. She’s got all Psychokinesis Modes at 3, but relatively little Telepathy for example.
      Last edited by glamourweaver; 09-20-2019, 07:39 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I’d suggest something a little different. I agree with VK and EK as primaries with a focus on research (including noetic). Noting that TC modern and Aberrant are only 10 years apart, Psi 5 or 6 are both reasonable.

But because Bhurano is a little bit special from being so close to the Hammersmith explosion (much like Max and Michael are a little bit special), I’d give her Favored Aptitude in QK and the unique distinction* of having one dot in each QK Mode. She can’t develop any more than this for another hundred years or so, but this slight bloom of a new Aptitude attracts the Doyen’s attention, and the small amount of additional resistance Bhurano is able to muster from Fundamentals isn’t enough to stop Doyen possession, but is enough to make the aliens see QK as a potential threat to their dominance.

* I do mean unique. No other psiad can do this before AEon era for any reason. (If you’re following canon.) This is what was meant by Bhurano being the first to manifest QK - both true and not entirely true.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

If you think a little deeper, the Super Science item she used for the 2104 incident is basically Drain (Fundamentals 3 from QK) in large (huge... monstrous... universal) scale, so she probably had noticed some possibilities on the Psionic capacities over Quantum and Psi. Maybe she didn’t get that she could fully develop this power (in a lower scale at leas) but she knew it was possible to use psi for that end.

Comment

thanks all for the suggestions! those fit perfectly for what i'm planning

Comment

Working...
            X