What do you think of this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of this?

In the Book of Oblivion for Wraith 20 (pages 75-77), there is a wraith named Dr. Alexander Corbin and his Relic jet plane, the Eagle Two. Dr. Corbin and his plane are described as being from a parallel world almost identical to the setting described in Adventure! (they even use the word "continuum" to describe it). This is the only time I've ever seen these two games cross over (of course, I've only been playing for like a year and a half). What do you think?

Sing me a song of a lass who is gone
    ​Say could that lass be I...

​Theme song from Outlander

It's a fun Easter Egg, but I'm not sure I'd read into it more than that. Keep in mind that the WoD has the Society of Ether which shares a lot of thematic and inspirational (ha ha) sources with Adventure!

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't chalk it up to more than an Easter egg, and not anything definitive. It wouldn't be the first time.
      • The Book of the Weaver for Werewolf mentions a biotech company called "OrgoTech Laboratories" on p. 50
      • In Lost Paths: Ahl-i-Batin & Taftâni for Mage, Günther Ostermann meets a Spanish count by the name of "Louru Razaiz," an anagram for Aberrant's Count Raoul Orzaiz, on p. 50

Ian A. A. Watson
      Onyx Path Community Manager
      Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Thanks. I didn’t know about the other Easter eggs.

IanWatson: I read your timeline on the wiki. Awesome 😊.

Comment

I love Easter eggs like these, and I want Wraith to explore more unconventional weirdness like this. And cool notes on the other two Easter eggs, I didn’t realize they existed!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Extra points if someone at Onyx Path manages to slip in a reference to the old Street Fighter: The Storytelling Game in somewhere. For some reason, I always sorta felt like that could almost fit into the 1e Trinity trilogy somewhere right before N-Day.

Comment

My guy friend told me in one of the old Revised books there's a vampire Street Fighter.

Comment

I had lots of fun when Street Fighter STG was translated here in Brazil about 20 years ago... the way the system was changed to focus exclusively on combat worked perfectly for my teenager mind (good old times when pure violence was fun...)

Anyway, I used some ideas from the Special Manoeuvres on my Wuxia suplemento for TC, nothing obvious, as the sources for SFSTG are a set in my Wuxia supplement sources set.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeea View Post
                  Extra points if someone at Onyx Path manages to slip in a reference to the old Street Fighter: The Storytelling Game in somewhere. For some reason, I always sorta felt like that could almost fit into the 1e Trinity trilogy somewhere right before N-Day.
                  We kind of did already, although not in Trinity.

Exalted 2e's Shards of the Exalted Dream has an alternate setting chapter called Burn Legend which is basically Street Fighter.

Ian A. A. Watson
                  Onyx Path Community Manager
                  Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Honestly I include Supernatural Martial Arts as a type of Numina between Sorcery/Psychic/Qiao. I used Asastuken as a basis making the Ryu/Ken Movesit as a basis for each power. But I have it diverge based on the individual putting more prominence towards certain styles, like Ken Specializes in the Rising Dragon Punches potential over the Hadouken, while Ryu kind of tries to master each method and able to actualize the potential of the Shinku Hadouken.

Instead of Occult I considered first Meditation and Stamina to channel the Hadou and Ki but later included the system of Integrity from Exalted 3rd ed.

And I like using Street Fighter and Wu Xia in Trinity. Default as Talents, and higher tier Talents for the really strong fighters like Yujiro Hanma and Baki, but others might be Psi style martial Artists like Rose or Dhalsim, and others may be Quantum based like Gil, and well Pyron and the like.

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                    My guy friend told me in one of the old Revised books there's a vampire Street Fighter.
                    Do you Mean El Diablo Verde?! I love that guy!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Yes!!! That’s who I meant. The same guy who told me that also told me he thought Vega would be really cool as a Toreador ghoul with Celerity.

Comment

The Street Fighter RPG also had a Lovecraft-themed team, an alligator man, a sentai team of elementals and animal people, cyborgs, a guy in a nice white business suit who does Blanka's rolling attack as one of his moves, and a woman with funky dyed hair who listens to country music while fighting. (Because nothing says street fighting like 'She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy," apparently?)

People talk about Rifts being the most over-the-top '90s game, but that's because they never played an official licensed Street Fighter game written by White Wolf in its golden age of being the edgy goth outsider company. It's absolutely bonkers, in a good way.

Comment

@Zeea damn! Sounds crazy. Maybe I should check it out.

Comment

Working...
                          X