Favored approach questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favored approach questions

1. Is there any other benefit for favored approach other then the sweet +1 to each of the three attributes.

2. If you pay the 15 xp to change favored approach do you move the +1 to each stat to the new ones or so you get additional +1s? It would been to cheep to just get 30xp worth of attributes but at the same time losing a +1 to three attributes seems a bit story crazy for loosing from one and then gaining on the other across 6 attributes.

Nope it just shifts the 2 points in attributes from one to the other. So a character with Intelligence 3, Strength 4, Presence 5 becomes Intelligence 1, Strength 2, Presence 3 while boosting either their Wits 2, Dexterity 2, Manipulation 1 to Wits 4, Dexterity 4, Manipulation 3

Call Me Ray.

Southern Gothic - Welcome to New Calais

Who Wants to Live Forever – Highlander in the World of Darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzykuma View Post
      1. Is there any other benefit for favored approach other then the sweet +1 to each of the three attributes.

2. If you pay the 15 xp to change favored approach do you move the +1 to each stat to the new ones or so you get additional +1s? It would been to cheep to just get 30xp worth of attributes but at the same time losing a +1 to three attributes seems a bit story crazy for loosing from one and then gaining on the other across 6 attributes.
      1) Nope. It's just how you allocate your stats. If you pooled all the points from all the steps together and deposited them however you wanted, nothing would change other than your stats wouldn't be allocated the way the game says to.

2) You just shift the points.

Comment

Ya when I first read this I have a hard time trying to figure out why I would do this. After my players finished thier characters, two of them asked the same question why would I ever do that?

It almost feels like a hold over from a mechanic or line of work abandoned. The only way I can visualize it is with extremes. So Batman usually fights streets thugs and villians in his tier, and he knows now he has to face superman so he complete changes how he does things and gears up for a different battle. Maybe this works?

Best regards

Roleplaying not Rollplaying or Ruleplaying
        Current Focus
        Storypath & Storypath to Run CoD, VtR, WtF, MtA
        Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition

Comment

I've never much understood the purpose for this either. I can see a character changing over time and effectively changing their favored approach, but just about every player i can think of would either not worry about changing the actual stats beyond what they would want to buy anyways or would simply buy the new points without wanting the previously focused attributes to drop. Most of us would be thinking that just because I am now focusing on forceful approaches and have bought up my Might to do that better, doesn't mean my character is now more clumsy / less dexterous. The character simply isn't relying on the approach as much anymore.

Comment

Working...
          X