No announcement yet.

ANTEDILUVIAN: A Trinity Continuum fantasy setting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look everyone, you have to stop with the whole 'hey lets have great Stargate to TC ideas' because its not right!!!!!

hehe

The idea of playing Stargate using TC rules is just awesome. The SGC people are Talents. Alteran powers could be Psi or Quantum, depending on what needs to be achieved. Certain aliens can use the Superiors powers to represent their special racial traits.

-----

I really would like to figure out how a society where those with the Quantum and Psi power sets would develop. For example, what would be their version of biotech (crystal tech maybe, hehe). though nothing says one can't have shaped animals and plants as part of things.

Comment

I’m not a big fan of using Elves, Dwarves and Orcs just because they are DND staples.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Honestly I would have multiple Space Gods, I've just always thought the Doyen matched up alot of the Goald setup(arrogant body thieves) especially if you played them up as space gods. I'd have my Anukai, Doyen.. and maybe Reptoids as time displaced Inspired of the Saurian Era(Their Aberrant war went... much worse)

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
          I’m not a big fan of using Elves, Dwarves and Orcs just because they are DND staples.
          I'm with you on this. Now I don't mind the more Fae groups, like the Sidhe and such, but what we consider Elves, Dwarves, and Orcs (Tolkein/D&D) aren't exactly to my liking for this particular campaign.

That said I could totally see whatever causes the awakening of power and splits this world from our world could create variant humans based on proximity to the site. So the closer one gets the more powerful they are - with the closest say being immortal power houses and the ones near but at the outskirts being lower powered but still special.

Originally posted by Lian View Post
          Honestly I would have multiple Space Gods, I've just always thought the Doyen matched up alot of the Goald setup(arrogant body thieves) especially if you played them up as space gods. I'd have my Anukai, Doyen.. and maybe Reptoids as time displaced Inspired of the Saurian Era(Their Aberrant war went... much worse)
          Outside of the Stargate idea I am not really sure we need to have aliens in the story at all. Now obviously this is a matter of taste and there is nothing wrong with aliens being involved,but I think humans charting their own path is more fun. The gods aren't aliens, they are, in this particular campaign, humans who become more.

Comment

Agree... let’s stick with humans and snake men.

Comment

Right well, I know in mine they exist. So I guess I shall refrain from posting those parts here.

My Homebrew
              Star Wars d10
              The Fallen for Demon: the Descent
              Requiem for a Masquerade: VtR 2e Cainite Conversion (Vampira Roma)

Comment

Originally posted by Dreaminggod View Post
                Right well, I know in mine they exist. So I guess I shall refrain from posting those parts here.
                While I might not use them as Elves, Dwarves, etc nothing says with some refiling they might not be used as something else. So I say totally post them.

PS. I don't think he was saying 'don't show them' just that he himself wouldn't be including them. Mileage after all varies.

Actually, speaking of variant races, I think it would be interesting to see some attention to playing non-humans in a TC game. So in that frame of mind I am interested in seeing how you would write them up.

As a further thought, imagine we go to space and what we actually find ARE in fact space elves and space dwarves and such. That our fantasy ideas of them are not made up whole cloth but rather are a sort of unconcisous 'look' into the tapestry of reality where we see those races exist. That could be an interest plot element.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                  Outside of the Stargate idea I am not really sure we need to have aliens in the story at all. Now obviously this is a matter of taste and there is nothing wrong with aliens being involved,but I think humans charting their own path is more fun. The gods aren't aliens, they are, in this particular campaign, humans who become more.
                  I feel Chariots of the Gods is more TC with is explicit sort of techy/science feel and makes it feel abit less Sciony? Second it justifies Nonhuman races in setting. And third it allows you to have a sort of dividing line between the Nova gods who wish to take destiny for mankind from Alien "ineffiable" types.. To play Marduk you need a Tiamat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreaminggod View Post
                    I don’t mind you posting your take on them here, you may even convince me to use them. But as said by others I may just make them something like a Fae offshoot of humanity with a wee folk subspecies, a humanlike subspecies, and maybe a savage subspecies. Or maybe as an underground offshoot of humanity that inspired legends.

Comment

I’ll certainly be more inspired by Kirby’s Deviants and Eternals rather then say Lord of the Rings and D&D.

Comment

For what it's worth, the only reason I mentioned elves and dwarves was because Dreaminggod did; and this being his thread, I figured that if he wanted them included, then they're included. So I was trying to do something interesting with them, and not just go with generic elves and dwarves.

The “elves as alien-possessed humans” idea is inspired by the anime Black Clover. It needn't necessarily be elves, per se; I was actually going more for the idea of aliens who can pass themselves off as the human ideal, physically at least. Mentally, I see them being distinctly alien and dangerously capricious. Basically, a spin on Nordic aliens that have more of the personality of the Sidhe from celtic myths.

While my second idea was stated in the context of dwarves, I'd actually much rather go with reptilians. In general, I'm trying to draw from ufology for this, with a special emphasis on types of aliens that wouldn't be too out of place in a fantasy setting.

With these aliens, my idea was that they're deeply suspicious of outsiders, and because of their appearance tend to be feared and mistrusted by most; but at their heart, they're basically good people.

In both cases, the aliens' time on Earth is limited, and their long-term fate is bleak: in a generation, they will all be gone.

Comment

Dataweaver until and unless the PCs get involved you mean. hehe

Seriously though, interesting info. I like the idea of one species using the human form because they can't use their own and another species seeming to be mean rough and angry and mean but really are just overcompensating because they are often feared but are really nice people.

Comment

Nitpick: I didn't say “nice”; I said “good”. There's a song in the second act of Into the Woods where the former witch critiques the heroes over all the stuff they've done, and for rejecting her advice:

"You're so nice. You're not good, you're not bad; you're just nice. I'm not good, I'm not nice; I'm just right.”

I'm figuring with the reptilians it isn't just that they're often feared; it's also that they're the last remnants of a race that has been persecuted and is hiding out from the things that drove the rest of their race to extinction (the Doyen). They're paranoid, but have reason to be. And to be frank, “they look monstrous” goes both ways: to the reptilian sensibilities, humans look ugly and threatening. And the presence of the “elves” doesn't help matters: while they're not Doyen, they remind the reptilians of the Doyen.

I'm also figuring that the reptilians really are dying off: I say they've got about a generation to go because I'm figuring that they're no longer able to reproduce: maybe they've been sterilized, or maybe the survivors don't include any females of the species; whatever the case, the current generation of reptilians will be the last. This doesn't help matters, as it makes depression a widespread problem.

But none of that makes them bad people; it just means that the deck is stacked against them, and they're (understandably) resentful.

Comment

I have aspirations of using the Storypath system for Exalted 3E. After my CoD Conversion, This is great writing in that direction.

Best regards

Roleplaying not Rollplaying or Ruleplaying
                              Current Focus
                              Storypath & Storypath to Run CoD, VtR, WtF, MtA
                              Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition

Comment

In that regard, take a look at my comments about Talents in the Immortals thread. Essentially, it's an argument that higher-tier Talent counterparts should be a lot like the Solar Exalted. If you want your version of Antediluvian to have an Exalted vibe to it, you could do worse than to step up its Heroes to that level.

Comment

Working...
                                X